Help › Forums

Benefits of joining a Country Club?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 22 2021 7:14 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sacrifice03
    119 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 10:15 AM

I've been away from WGT for awhile now.  Can someone explain to me some of the benefits of joining a CC?  

Thanks.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 10:18 AM

I posted on your wall several days ago with a direction to our CCs website - That's my go at it after a post from you several days ago about clubs

- if not seen it yet as also describes the club.

• sacrifice03
    119 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 10:24 AM

Jimbog1964:

I posted on your wall several days ago with a direction to our CCs website - That's my go at it after a post from you several days ago about clubs

- if not seen it yet as also describes the club.

I tried to go there when you first posted it but once I go to your CC I don't see anything that I can read.  The forum doesn't load.  Am I supposed to see something else?

1MRzq0Y

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 10:27 AM

Free shot pal & putter pal as long as you join a CC at least Level 4.

Up to a 5% bonus on your XP (for clubs at Level 13 or higher)

Active clubs run their own competitions and tournaments. A good social club will have lots of match-play events, perhaps even club handicaps and handicap tournaments -- ours does and I know many others do also.

There are often inter-club challenges -- usually involving a list of player-on-player match-plays.

An established club will have a number of high level players who are usually only too happy to help the up-and-coming members with their game.

Each CC has it's own forum, a smaller network than the WGT forum. You can become involved in a group of up to 250 players, that you can interact with as much or little as you see fit. As in life - these opportunities are largely what you make of them.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 10:42 AM

Being away for a while, was it because you grew frustrated or tired of the game? That's one area where being in a club can help.  You make friends, you get challenged to improve your game, you can play a wider variety of pins and conditions in CC comp's..

You'd get free use of Shot Pal and Putter Pal.. That alone is a big deal for me, don't know about you.

A club like Jim's Red Dirt Golf would be a great place to learn from some of the very best shooters that WGT has to offer.. A ton of knowledge dwells within that club. 

ISH

• sacrifice03
    119 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 10:50 AM

ISH47:

Being away for a while, was it because you grew frustrated or tired of the game? That's one area where being in a club can help.  You make friends, you get challenged to improve your game, you can play a wider variety of pins and conditions in CC comp's..

You'd get free use of Shot Pal and Putter Pal.. That alone is a big deal for me, don't know about you.

A club like Jim's Red Dirt Golf would be a great place to learn from some of the very best shooters that WGT has to offer.. A ton of knowledge dwells within that club. 

ISH

It's been so long since I quit last time I'm not really sure why anymore.  I've been a bit of a sporadic gamer the last 10 years or so.  I'd jump from PC games to Xbox 360 games and now to Xbox One games.  Recently I decided to quit playing Destiny on X1 because of the crazy addiction it was causing.  I've instead opted to get back into some casual golfing on WGT.  It's a game where I can sit down whenever I feel like it and just put a single round of golf in and still have fun, plus I can put it down whenever I want to.  I'm definitely looking for some friends on here to show me there ways.  I'm trying to remember some of the tips and tricks from years ago but it's been too long.

-Sacrifice

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 11:00 AM

Totally understand..  I used to be hardcore into EA sports games and the Need For Speed franchise. haha..

The community and interaction with people I've met is what keeps me coming back here.. Even when I get disillusioned with the game, I still take part in the forums and try to help people out what little I can.

I'm more of a casual player here too, but since I joined a good CC my game has improved ten fold..  Even though I don't put in the time and effort it would take for me to sit among the elite in my tier, I can hold my own on a good day.. and that's all I really care about.

Good luck with whatever you decide..

ISH

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 11:30 AM

Very kind and generous of ISH.  I know he speaks from a very respected club in BGCC. Plenty superb players and good people that can advise as good as anywhere over there.

As for the link I tested it via my page and worked, but yet not the one above I agree....Hmmm I will ask our IT guru to check on that and tell me what I am doing wrong :)......

Anyway welcome to the club feller, and enjoy.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2015 4:15 PM

It's great if you crave a need to belong somewhere. You can spend the rest of your life feeling "wanted & needed." (In a virtal world.)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2015 9:01 AM

sacrifice03:
    Can someone explain to me some of the benefits of joining a CC?  
    I own one, but as for there being any tangible benefits, I see none. About all I can see is a slow, very slow mutual respect and seperate friendship(s) that develop only over time. These friendships seem to be of a different construction as compared to any other. Stronger, finer. But I suppose it can depend upon the membership development. At my club there is only a single requirement...you must play...3 weeks no play, and you are going in a hurry.

~ SP ~

• PAGES
RSS