Forums

Help › Forums

gifted clubs (sorry...unlikely a tax write off)

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:20 AM (3 replies)
  • GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 8:31 PM

would be great if i could give my unused clubs away (since "throw club" is not yet an option) or buy new one's for friends as gifts from time to time.

i have a friend who swears he'll never buy a club....but if i sent him an r9 driver i bet he would give it a swing....and then prolly buy the rest of em!-  neil

• Hydronix
    39 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 8:38 PM

It sounds like a promising idea, but I'm not sure it's one worth concentrating on in the immediate future. WGT stands in "beta" phase right now, and still has many fundamental bugs to be patched. Introducing a system whereby clubs could be loaned out to friends would require a great deal more bandwidth, as every single club that you lend to your friend would summarily have to be recorded and remembered. It would also take some extensive coding.

• GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Thu, Jul 23 2009 9:13 PM

sounds like very good, informed input and appreciated.  i still love the idea of both supporting the game and buying "gift clubs" or sets for friends i've invited into WGT.  maybe as opposed to buying the clubs themselves, a credit "gift certificate" of sorts whereby i buy credits and gift them.

quick questions:  how long does beta testing take (ballpark) and how long has it been going on with WGT?

the only beta testing i've ever done involved a small colorful fish and  mirror.  i leaned the mirror against the tank, the beta saw it's reflection.....exploded into fighting  color, flared it's gills and attacked it's own reflection.   beta test successful!   good fish!     :) -  neil, kaufman tx

• Hydronix
    39 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 12:20 AM

Haha. Your Beta Fish pun made my day. I think I see what you mean now by gift sets. That *would* be quite easy to do, and sounds like a great idea. Having read your post for the first time, I was under the impression that you had a club loan system in mind. The ability to give WGT credits to your friends sounds great, though.

As regards your question, there's really no way to know. The interface will be considered as beta testing until the platform functions smoothly without recurring glitches and bugs. The game is pretty stable, but there's still work to do.

RSS