Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT event: Merion

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 11 2015 2:23 PM (67 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 3:36 PM

That's a pity Vaibhav, especially after your fine performance at Olympic.

And thanks for the thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------

Please note everyone, this is the last day of the TIO tournaments for this month. If you've still to play R2 at Olympic or Merion, you have about 8.5hrs left!

• AdamK70
    433 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 1:49 AM

A bad start, recovered well, but then threw it all away at the end!

Very frustrating, but still the most enjoyable tournament,  thanks again Corwyn.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 7:22 PM

Hope the Americans among us had a great Thanksgiving yesterday!

Here's the TIO @ Merion wrap-up:

I believe I've captured all the club proof/card/stat submissions onto the Special Prizes Stats spreadsheet

Please check to make sure there are no mistakes or omissions. You have until midnight Sunday to submit any late cards/screenshots and/or correct errors on the sheets.

As it stands, I see the following prize-winners:

-----------------------

LEADERBOARD PRIZES:

A sleeve (sent by WGT) goes to each of the top 5 verified finishers on the final leaderboard (i.e. those who provided club proof for both rounds). They are: ColumbusStormOleFernando, HoylakeHunterBunkerBuzzer, fmagnets.

Big Congratulations to Russ (ColumbusStorm) on winning the event at Merion with an aggregate of +1 (almost shooting Par). Russ just missed out on a TIO win earlier this year at Royal St George's, losing on a tiebreak despite a second round 69, so this was a worthy win.

Also I love that +1 was also Justin Rose's winning score relative to par in the US Open ... perhaps TIO really is the closest equivalent we have here to the US Open level of difficulty!

And commiserations to OleFernando who came within one stroke of catching Russ... a par on either of the last 2 holes would have been enough.

-----------------------

SPECIAL PRIZES:

These were the sponsored prizes (fuller report and wrap-up will follow next week). The winners are noted below and their results are shown in the Stats Spreadsheet for the tourney:

Note: these may change based on any late entries!

1) Highest overall % of GIR  (tiebreaker: Ave Distance to Pin)    SPONSORED: Corwyn   WINNER: HoylakeHunter is the certain winner with 72% 

2) Closest Ave. Distance to the Hole              SPONSORED: Corwyn   WINNER: Corwyn is the front-runner with 16.0ft

3) Greatest overall total distance made putts        SPONSORED: razza31   WINNER: OleFernando is the certain winner with 223.01ft

6) Least Number of Bogeys or Worse     SPONSORED: mmyers0   WINNER: it's a tie between ColumbusStorm and OleFernando with 8 each (I'll have to check in with mm as to whether he had a tiebreak in mind, or wishes to offer a prize to both of you)

7) Most Number of Birdies or Better      SPONSORED: mmyers0   it's a tie between ColumbusStorm and BunkerBuzzer with 8 each (I'll have to check in with mm as to whether he had a tiebreak in mind, or wishes to offer a prize to both of you)

8) Most 1-Putt Saves (as determined by scorecard)   SPONSORED: Corwyn   WINNER: fmagnets is the certain winner with 10

The late entries that could come in that might just possibly affect Stats prizes are from the following finishers: etolino, and Zayante.

If prize-winners could also please post their desired sleeve(s), that would be great. Thanks!

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 8:23 PM

Nike Blacks again please. Well done Captain America, and thanks again to Corwyn for top-notch organisation.

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2015 11:05 PM

Corwyn:

6) Least Number of Bogeys or Worse     SPONSORED: mmyers0   WINNER: it's a tie between ColumbusStorm and OleFernando with 8 each (I'll have to check in with mm as to whether he had a tiebreak in mind, or wishes to offer a prize to both of you)

7) Most Number of Birdies or Better      SPONSORED: mmyers0   it's a tie between ColumbusStorm and BunkerBuzzer with 8 each (I'll have to check in with mm as to whether he had a tiebreak in mind, or wishes to offer a prize to both of you)

Looks like the fairest thing to do is offer a sleeve to each of the three players.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2015 12:15 AM

Sounds great! Thanks mm :)

• HoylakeHunter
    904 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2015 1:56 AM

Max Blacks plz Corwyn. Tuff tests this months comps :) Tanks again.

PS nice score in pebble nation !

• BunkerBuzzer
    269 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2015 6:25 AM

Black Max pro please

Again, big thank you to all involved.

• OleFernando
    162 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 5:43 AM

Corwyn:
    If prize-winners could also please post their desired sleeve(s)

max pro + black color plese

TY WGT

TY Mmyers

TY Corwyn

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 9:44 PM

OleFernando:

max pro + black color plese

sent

RSS