Forums

Help › Forums

Every Day People CC Weekly Rewards.

Wed, Jul 13 2016 2:09 PM (127 replies)
  • webbjoseph
    937 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 1:12 PM

Well i was a  member of EDPCC, I don't know what happened, but , i can't speak for everyone, I think is was very wrong in how he did it, but i am not mad about it, and i wish him the best, just hope everyone found them selfs a new CC to join. MP i hope every thing is well.Good luck trying to start another CC. You going to need all the luck getting people to trust you after that BS, I am in a new CC , thats where i will stay.

• jazzywizard
    74 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 5:03 PM

I need an education.

What is the purpose of some of these club owners pushing and pushing for members to earn cc points?  What does it do for the cc and the owners if they reach the top point club.  Sure the club moves up the ladder and earns some benefits, but what does it do for the owner/directors...is it an ego trip or do they get something out of it?

I want to join another club, but I don't want to put effort into helping it move up the point ladder and then have it disappear with no explanation.  I just want to have some fun, meet a couple of people and enjoy the competition.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 5:39 PM

This CC (EDP) seems to be getting more air time in the forum since it closed, than when it was open...lol... I had a sense it was in trouble back when the most vocal (and articulate) defender of the CC abruptly left. But I certainly didn't know it would close with no notice.

At any rate, I see you have a couple of offers from other CCs on your wall...both CC's have a good reputation. 

J-W...I don't know the answer to your specific question, as my CC doesn't play clash, or chase XP's to ascend an imaginary leader board. We play for fun and camaraderie.

ct

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:51 PM

jazzywizard:
    What is the purpose of some of these club owners pushing and pushing for members to earn cc points?  What does it do for the cc and the owners if they reach the top point club.  Sure the club moves up the ladder and earns some benefits, but what does it do for the owner/directors...is it an ego trip or do they get something out of it?

Some see it as a sport, some detect their destination in being on top.

Concerning the CC levels, it starts with rational desires, member no., tournament no., putter pal and %% benefits. Some want to receive these benefits ASAP regardless if they really need them or not.

Then, ambition chimes in - if there is a tree, they want to climb it regardless of dangers and prospective views. I've read statements like "we are small and low now, but we will be on top at some time!" But, what is "on top"? Two disputable leaderboards.

One, only visible to a minority of players - in CCs -, is a weekly race where the result is purged in the split second when is final (at midnight Sunday).

The other is only indirect, showing the CCs by level but in no particular order. Today, it's Georgian before TPC (in XPs) but two others are shown on top (in levels), dependant on the "looking for members" tick box. They race on regardless, despite of the fact that there haven't been any benefits since L17 and the next level is set to "unreachable". At least, the owners are named on the latter leaderboard - good for the ego.

Add those Clashes and their eye-catcher, a Golden Calf. IMHO, there's not a single reasonable prize in this competition, but the colour and the price tag and the alleged characteristics push aside any caution, despite of the fact that only one player in one CC will receive it.

Concerning motivation and reputation of players, read the "one million XP points" thread in parallel. It shows that any effort towards the community is sacrosanct, regardless of the effect. The members spend credit amounts "for the CC" which they'd never spend for themselves or fellow players.

In the "good olde times", there was much less involved in CC development, on the material side. A CC of 250 places cost 500 cr one-time expenditure. Today, the grind for levels, combined with the Clashes, fills the coffers. The resultant numbers add yet another variable to the CC leaderboards.

There, competition assessments are used to judge on social communities though none of them would indicate how "good" a CC is. Nevertheless, it appears human that we fall for them. Contest sells...

To me, it's more important to see my members enjoying the game, sometimes being successful. The only benefit that I get is some cheers from them, e.g. in the New Year's greets.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2016 1:11 AM

jazzywizard:

I need an education.

I want to join another club, but I don't want to put effort into helping it move up the point ladder and then have it disappear with no explanation.  I just want to have some fun, meet a couple of people and enjoy the competition.

Friend request was sent so i could explain we are not all about XP building, we advise members NOT to buy extra passes, but instead use creds on balls etc so you can enjoy games.

Level 15 gets you maximum you can get, any higher there is nothing,

Best clubs have great activity in club stuff, great forum banter, chat boxes and a strong social bond.......its a game but i have met some fantastic friends whilst playing it

Bubbs

• tonysullivan
    31 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 5:09 PM

Damn now that sounds like the kind of CC i am interested in.  I lve the organization of events. Some one is investing a lot of time and effort into keeping your house in order!  Very Very Nice!

And...

I am very interested.

• tonysullivan
    31 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 5:11 PM

Damn now that sounds like the kind of CC i am interested in.  I lve the organization of events. Some one is investing a lot of time and effort into keeping your house in order!  Very Very Nice!

And...

I am very interested.

RSS