Forums

Help › Forums

2009 WGA TOUR

Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:33 AM (484 replies)
  • jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 8:51 PM

Here is Round 3 .. nothing great, especially from easier tees.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 6:32 AM

Scores and Scorecard for round 3:

coolswing      32 (-3)

boblarsen      35 (E)

It was a good round for us both really but boblarsen just didn't have any luck with the putter today.  He hit many good approach shots but only for the putter to let him down otherwise he could have scored real well.  As for me after a few good birds early I missed a few very close putts but I did played solid tee to green which is not bad.

It looks like ChrisCrosby and I will have to play the playoff to determine the outright winner of this week tourney.  As in previous tourneys Ryan have the game setting for the playoff as follow:

1. Kiawah Island (3 Random holes)

2. Hard Tees

3. Hard Wind

Just to remind the players who have not completed round 3 to get moving as I'll look to start the new tourney sometimes tomorrow.  Thanks everyone for the quick completion of round 3, makes my job a little easier I guess :-)

• boblarsen
    92 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 6:41 AM

Good match Coolswing.  I am going to buy a new putter since mine is in the woods in 2 pieces somewhere on 15.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 8:38 AM

Result of Playoff for the Mercedes-Benz Championship:

coolswing   defeat  ChrisCrosby on the 1st playoff hole by 1 stroke

By random we got the par 3 6th Hole on Kiawah as our first playoff hole.  Chris hit the approach shot to the fringe on the right on the top part of the green and I was on the fringe also on the right of the green but on the bottom part of the green.  I putted first and was close to holing it and finisehd about 2 ft from the hole.  Chris who was really facing a tough putt down the slope, misjudged the speed and went about 5y past the hole.  He pushed his return putt and missed the hole not by much and putted out for a bogie. I tapped in for a par and it was over ! bad luck to Chris this time and well played to finished right up there in the tourney.

Final results of the tournament is listed HERE 

Thanks very much to all the players for helping me getting through my first tourney on this tour pretty well and I hope that everyone enjoyed the tourney too.  So let's get on with the new tournament this week !

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 8:40 AM

Maybe a new thread should be started, so Coolswing can put what he wants on the front page?

Also, any news on the person who used to run this tourney?

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 9:57 AM

2nd - 8th October

• Rd 1 - Bethpage Black Back 9  (Easy Tees, Low wind) 
    • Rd 2 - Kiawah  Back 9 (Normal ranked round) _________________CUT_____________________
    •  Rd 3 - Bethpage Black Front 9 (Hard tees, Medium wind)

Deadline - Round 1 & 2 in by Tuesday 6th October

Notes -  Please DO NOT Play round 3 until the cut has been made

ENTER SONY OPEN SCORES HERE

VIEW THE TOURNAMENT LEADERBOARD  HERE

**   ALL THE PLAYERS PLEASE REMEMBER TO POST YOUR SCORECARD OR YOUR SCORES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED !

• kevinmosley
    76 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 11:44 AM

kevin mosley round 3 bmw championship -3

• Kobalt46
    276 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 12:14 PM

anybody want to pair up for rounds 1 & 2....let me know...

• kevinmosley
    76 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 2:48 PM

kevinmosley round 1 score  -2

Kobalt46 round 1 score -2

• kevinmosley
    76 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 3:29 PM

kevinmosley round 2 -2

kobalt46 round 2 -4

RSS