Forums

Help › Forums

TM Burner Irons

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 18 2009 12:35 PM (6 replies)
  • Futures
    79 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 6:17 PM

Could you make my TM Burner Irons (steel) have a slower swing meter speed?  I see that some of the newer clubs have this feature, mine don't.  Or make it so I can trade them in?  I really had no idea when I bought them that the swing meter would go so fast; I guess I forgot to read the specs.  Still, I wonder if the swing meter speed could be changed or let me trade them for an iron with a slower meter.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 6:53 PM

This is not going to sound good; buy some new golf balls. 

My TM's have slowed considerably with the purchase of the new golf balls.  The cheap ones slowed some, the pricier ones slowed too much.

Cheers,

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2009 10:29 PM

That's not correct there scoresby.  The cheaper new balls does not slow the meter in any way.  The GI-D balls however does slows down the meter for ALL your clubs a little.  I find it makes the meter run at an even speed and very smooth too.  This will help you play with the bruner irons Futures. Try it out but keep in mind that the balls are costly as they don't last very long so use it sparingly.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2009 3:41 AM

To prove to myself that my senses are still functional, I timed the full swing with 9.5deg TM R-9 driver, TM Tour Burner 5i and Anser putter with each of the golf balls available in white only.

On my machine using the R-9, 9.5deg driver, the average swing-bar speed was 1.93sec with the GI-D balls, 1.79sec with the B-XD balls, and 1.73 sec with the starter balls.

With Taylor Made Tour Burner 5i the results are similar:  1.96 GI-D, 1.81, B-XD, and 1.72 with the starters.

With the Anser putter, again 2.21 for GI-D, 2.08 for B-XD, and 1.98 for the starters.

I took 20 full swings with each club-ball combination, timing from full to the strike line, and removed the two highest and lowest times from each sample set.  Avg Std dev of the remaining was .03sec.  The ranges varied by .11 avg.

A rather clumsy test using a cheap stopwatch, but I think the results are similar to what would be obtained by measuring directly from the mouse button.

Cheers,

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2009 6:03 AM

I just tested the 3 putters..Starter..TS..& Anser. I used used I-phone stop watch..(not too scientific) but I also came up with a time of 1.7 seconds using the regular ball for all 3 clubs.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2009 6:25 AM

Nice test results guys. One thing that would be interesting to know is the comparsion between clubs with diff ball/club combos.

i.e. ts iron w/ starter/bx ball vs tm/ping iron w/gi ball

Would give you an idea where it takes the timing down to... littler faster than, little slower such things. I'm not a big fan of the gi balls because I like my timing the way it is, however if it took it down to the same as the next progression of clubs then that might change my mind.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2009 12:35 PM

Futures...I bought the TM graphites a while back & haven't used them since. I just couldn't be consistent with them having that faster swing meter. I do intend on using the sellback feature coming with those. Hopefully that will be soon as I've been eyeing some new irons I can handle.

RSS