Help › Forums

The 2009 US Online Open

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 17 2009 4:43 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tyuiop4100
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 12:58 PM

Thanks for your interest in the open for this year. Last time we held this event at Kiawah Island around The Masters Tournament and we had over 100 players come out and knock the socks of the golf course. 

For those who don't know what this is or those who want a refresher... The 2009 US Online Open is an event that occurs 4 times a year: Once around the Masters, Once around the Brittish, One around Thankskiving and One at Christmas Time. This is a three round event that takes place over a weekend. The event is a stroke play event over 18 holes. You can play the course as many times as you want and submit your best scores. The lowest competitor will win and will face off in The Tournament of Champions in early January.

To register for this event, please put your username and your rank( Hack Amateur Pro Master) on this page. We will compete for group championships and also for an overall championship.

The tournament course this time is the Black Course at Bethpage Black. The Tees we will play will be the Red Tees. EVERYONE will play the red tees! That means that the hacks will be able to play up but it also means that the pros and masters will probably shoot in the low 50's. Thats why we added rank groups.

The date of the tournament will be August 14th through the 16th.

When it comes time to submit your scores there will be a spot on my website for this tournament where you can leave them!

I look foward to a great tournament and remember... I can tell if you cheat!!!!!!!

Tyuiop4100

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 1:14 PM

:-(

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 1:28 PM

Hmmm...

• pgatourprogolfer
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 1:44 PM

Im in! Pro tier

• MyNadsItch
    119 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 1:58 PM

Im in Pro tier

• zant
    319 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 2:04 PM

;(

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 2:09 PM

First off, the only way you can play from the Red Tees if you aren't a Hack is in Practice mode.  There's no way to record scores.

Second, you only joined a month ago, so you were not around for the Masters, which ended on April 12th.   Also, who is this "we" you speak of, as in "the last we held this event"?  I've been here since the beginning, and there was no event around the Masters.

Not sure what you're up to, but it's not sounding very good right off the bat.

• RoadWarrior28
    29 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 2:31 PM

Pro

• tyuiop4100
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 6:03 PM

Your right my "golfer" has only been here a month and my tournament has never been advertised on WGT, it was people outside the game I got to join in and play. Sorry if I didnt clear that up for you. I didnt know this forum existed. I advertised on my site which is down right now but I will be performing repairs on shortly. It is a cruddy free webs site so it needs to be fixed often. That place serves as the place where you record your scores. If you read this thread again that is why you have never of this event.  

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 6:29 PM

So then.... this is your second, third or tenth account here on wgt?   Sorry but you really didn't clear anything up and it's all very suspicious.  Please explain yourself further!  If in fact you have been around as long as you claim, you would have known there is not really any way to play from the Red tees unless you are in practice mode, and you would have absolutely no way of verifying scores!

• PAGES
RSS