Forums

Help › Forums

Weekly UEL tournament

Wed, Jan 31 2018 8:45 AM (105 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2015 1:29 AM

I see no greater challenge or difficulty level in UELs.

I am not trying to stop any choice, but the reason I don't play it is nothing to to with perceived increased difficulty or not.  My reason is I just don't like it.  I plain and simple think it's still way off, not an advanced form of anything.  Basically It is convoluted without realistic reason. Several would agree with me, and no offense to those that think different.

WGTdbloshoe:
    Participation for the UEL monthly tournament has been trending down.  We have lost 1/3 of the players who participated since March.

You would hope they trended against similar previous trends.  Can't say if that is what the mod meant exactly from that, and no harm WGT clarifying.

I look at the RGs and admittedly no SS to evaluate, just a quick look and I see an imbalance in the closure list in my selections at any rate.  UELs are pretty well represented in the choice section, but pretty well under represented in the closed.   None of that is an issue personally as plenty enough for me anyway, but it's what I see happening.

For me the shot making needs a serious look at plain and simple, and for several that is the same.  Difficulty levels being discussed is a complete red herring as to why I don't care for it..  In fact  the difficulty level  looks no different to flat lie competition wise as everyone gets the same.  If you can play either format well you can play the other, no huge transition felt as simply a different road.  

I hope those that like it get their choice, but those are the issues I see needing to be solved before it ever gets my imagination / attention, and plenty think the same.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2015 4:26 AM

thegoosebag:

typical wgt again no thought gone into it and there response as usual not worth a blow on the rag mans trumpet

marty i will try to hit you up at the weekend if green and try and bring the win/loss a bit closer lol

cheers    mark.

sounds good

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2015 4:27 AM

great to see 3 pages supporting uneven lies and letting wgt know its 2015, lets get some variety and choice

• Zayante
    45 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2015 7:00 PM

What a disappointment. I can't imagine it takes much more effort for WGT to setup a tournament then for us to make arrangements for one within a country club .... let's see, it takes me about 1 minute to do it, most of that time spent on deciding which course and what to name it. 

Looking over the August monthly UEL tournament results there were 1,700+ scores on the leaderboard, but plenty more than that played as they only show the top 250 per tier. This seems like more then enough interest to warrant a monthly event and two weeklies. I question whether volume of UEL play is down, or is it a drop in the percentage of players due to the influx of players on the watered down mobile version. I also find it interesting that on Ready Go stroke play tournaments 7 of the current 22 listed are UEL setup, so when there are a few coins to be gained the effort is put out to create.

I play almost all UEL as do those in my CC Uneven Liers, and have a long list of UEL players for MP, AS, etc. I find it the only format that equalizes the game for all and presents a more lifelike challenge, plus find that those who play the format tend to be much better company and more sportsmanlike.

While some of the severe angle shots are a real challenge, especially in bunkers,  that is comparable to what I find at my level in real life if I end up in heavy brush or a wicked trap. I can accept the consequence and find there is no more rewarding WGT shot then a great recovery from these situations. I only wish that in MP games you could see the lie of your opponent, that would be a great improvement.

If anyone wants to play MP UEL look me up, and for anybody into UEL without a Country Club send me a request to join Uneven Liers. 

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2015 10:44 AM

wgt should create some version of a CC that allows uneven players to go to play tournaments against other uneven players, Icon could run it and set up tournamnets for us to play against each other. i would love to play an 18 hole, 4 round tournament against other uneven legends, to see how i would do.

if wgt are not going to give us variety we need a place to go to get together and play all the different types of uneven tournaments that can be created

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 3:48 PM

so far this week we have only one uneven tournament, well done wgt, a great way to use a feature you developed, why was it created if you dont like it or support it  

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 3:52 PM

if you dont like creating weekly and monthly uneven tournaments could you create some free ready go's that we can enter, gives us something to play, i dont think many people will care if there is no prize, lets have some uneven fun and see how well we do against each other 

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2015 10:22 PM

Please keep the weekly Uneven Lie 18 hole tournaments.

Also not too late to add the Monthly Uneven Lie 18 hole tournament.

And the August Uneven Lie 18 hole tournament @ St.Andrews still has not paid out yet.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 1:05 AM

obviously we are not making enough noise about this -

PLEASE BRING BACK THE UNEVEN LIE 18 HOLE WEEKLIES

what is going on with this place?!?!?!

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2015 2:13 AM

I'm not fan of uneven - but this is a shame and surely it can't be that difficult to reinstate the 18 hole free comp?

If interest is down why isn't there an unlimited uneven 9 holer?   This would be a way for people who don't play to have a go and learn the shots and courses out of practice mode.

Would be nice to have an explanation from WGT.

Sara

RSS