Help › Forums

golf ball

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 25 2009 2:42 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MacDermot25
    25 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 11:57 PM

Halfway through my game today my ball changed from my gold ball to the normal wgt ball, can anyone please tell me why this has happened?

im not happy about it cause i was -3 after the first three holes when it changed in the forth hole

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 12:19 AM

From the FAQ-Pro Shop-Balls section over there>>>>>>>

What happens if I run out of balls during a round?

When you reach the hit limit for the ball you are using it will be replaced automatically with a new ball of the same type and color. If you do not have any more of the ball type and color in your inventory then the Basic ball will be inserted. The Basic ball is the ball provided to you when you first start playing WGT. Once you play with the Basic ball you cannot change balls during your round.

• brianmckouen
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 12:12 AM

these balls are a waste of money or earnings, use the given one.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:01 AM

Yes, you can visit the Pro Shop during your round to replenish the ball you are using. If you lose your last ball of a specific type and color you can purchase new ones in the Pro Shop but will not be able to use them in your current round if you have already switched to the Basic ball.

You can buy balls during a round but regardless of whether or not the ball was changed during the round you can't use the new purchase until you equip your bag and that won't happen without navigating away from the game. Been there  :(

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:50 AM

brianmckouen:
    these balls are a waste of money or earnings, use the given one.

Nonsense. You can achieve radically better scores using one of the 3 types of advanced balls, especially the GI-D balls, naturally. I've already beaten many a player with a higher average score also thanks to his playing with the ordinary balls while I was using one of the 3 advanced types.

• mrpro1
    11 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 6:14 PM

At what avg do you get to be a pro and not a amateur    I'm at 80.72      Thanks

• boozybob
    19 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 6:51 PM

thanks Tibbets.  all your opinions are important to us who are still learning the ins and outs of WGT.

• boozybob
    19 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 6:54 PM

thanks Faterson.  I appreciate all your opinions concerning WGT.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2009 6:55 PM

mrpro1:
    At what avg do you get to be a pro and not a amateur    I'm at 80.72

Should be at around 79, last time I looked. The exact number is intentionally not made known, to deter sandbaggers. (Watch the Community Spotlight on your homepage; if you see an Amateur player featured there, his score will be hovering just above the limit necessary to advance to the Pro tier.)

• arme
    31 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 6:30 PM

why just so you can make more money.

• PAGES
RSS