Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Rules, in simple english.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 22 2009 1:26 PM (6 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 4:15 PM

There seems to be some confusion on the part of the general populace as to what is, and what is not, against the rules (or Terms and Conditions) of WGT.  So, I thought I would take a moment to put down, in simple english, some of them.

NOTE:  This is not a complete list.  Do NOT reference this post to try to get away with breaking a rule that I have overlooked.

1. ONE BLOODY ACCOUNT.  You are one person, you are allowed to have one account here.  Not two, three, four, more... If you make another account just to win prizes/money on an easier tier, you are a FRAUD, LIAR and a CHEAT.
    2. DON'T MESS WITH THE PROGRAM.  No cheats, hacks, work-arounds or other crap that makes you look better than you really are.  Play the game the way it's meant to be played.
    3. POST LIKE AN ADULT.  No whining, crying, carrying-on in the forums about how so-and-so beat you up and stole your lunch money.  Unless it's complimentary, using someone elses name inside your forum post is probably wrong.
    4. AVATAR NAMES... should be unique and NOT vulgar, nor should they imitate real people or WGT staff.  You may think you're funny by making a name that has words in it that you wouldn't say in front of your mother, but it really just makes you look stupid.
    5. NO ADVERTISING IN THE FORUMS.  This is not your local newspaper.  Stop it. It's just making you look even more stupid.
    6. YOU MUST BE 18.  Sorry, children, but with the prizes and monies you can win, WGT has to be able to assume that you are of legal age.

Come to play the game, realize that it IS a game, and treat others the way you wish to be treated.  Unless you like to be cheated, do not try to cheat others.

Have a nice day.

*Edit -- Missed one.

• Middle4man
    368 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 4:33 PM

You've got a standing ovation from this corner of the world. It's sad when we have to treat the adults in the WGT world like children and put them in time-out. And straight to bed without dessert!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 4:51 PM

Snaike:
    POST LIKE AN ADULT.  No whining, crying, carrying-on in the forums about how so-and-so beat you up and stole your lunch money.  Unless it's complimentary, using someone elses name inside your forum post is probably wrong.

If I may add to this slightly.  I've been a forum user for a long time, seen a lot of guides that are intended to help folks learn how to act appropriately etc etc.  The best piece of advice I've ever heard in regards to posting on any forum is this:

"Post because you have something to say.  Not because you have to say something."

If you can do that and follow the simple rules too, you'll have a good time.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 5:33 PM

Excellent!

• monkeyass
    31 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 10:10 PM

AVATAR NAMES... should be unique and NOT vulgar, nor should they imitate real people or WGT staff.  You may think you're funny by making a name that has words in it that you wouldn't say in front of your mother, but it really just makes you look stupid.

Oops... lol  I couldn't think of anything...  It's unique. And funny.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 6:15 AM

Here's a good article about backseat moderation.  This isn't directed at anyone in particular.  I've just been seeing a lot of it around here lately. :(

http://ptk.14.forumer.com/a/backseat-moderation_post13681.html

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2009 1:26 PM

Yeah, but that backseat moderation article assumes there are forum moderators who take care of the various forum maintenance tasks. There are no such moderators here, so you get 15 threads on the same subject interspersed in 13 subforums. That may intensify the backseat moderating urge for some forum members.  

RSS