SOUND ON TURN

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 18 2009 1:19 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • casique1
    370 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 8:38 AM

howdy

please ! can u stop the sound when is indicated te turn to play ?

i m getting crazy !!!

thx so much !

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 4:55 PM

Hi casique, there isn't a way to turn off the notification sound when it is your turn to play in an MP round. However, that sound will be changed in tonight's update. Hopefully it will be less grating.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 3:12 AM

Well, I for one find the new sound too unobtrusive. It's like a Windows error beep or something, and it's possible to miss it if you happen to cough, etc. Good sound at the 30 seconds left mark, not loud enough for Your turn. If given the option, I'd reinstate the former sound. Maybe WGT could give us a switch where everyone could choose a notification sound they liked best?

• casique1
    370 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 3:13 AM

howdy

now i love you again :-)

thank you very very much !!!!

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 8:44 PM

I like the new sound. You should be paying attention anyway and my groups really never need it. But on those occasions where it's called for that sound suffices IMO.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 9:05 PM

i find it annoying at your turn and then 30 second.... in fact the whole system is assbackwards... sorry for the language.

the whole invite sound turn off option is utterly useless.... what you need to have is this:

when people hidden and hop games, i dont wanan hear 50 join/quit an hour...let us shut them off...invite sound option is ok but not paramount like the former!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 9:32 AM

ncviz:
    You should be paying attention anyway

I think there are lots of different types of people with varying needs. I for one like to combine my work with playing multi-player rounds & the notification sound on "my turn" is a must. The louder the better.  

Great software is such that allows each user to customize it to his/her individual needs. It would be great if GWT allowed Iconian to switch off the notification sound entirely, while ncviz might prefer the gentle beep, and I would activate a siren or church bell chimes. Give each user the choice they prefer.  

• JALAII
    42 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 10:13 AM

There is a sound at 30 seconds??? I guess it has never taken me 60 seconds to a hit a shot... LOL

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 2:08 PM

The sound is also played for your co-players in multi-player, and you can hear it even when it doesn't apply to you. I find that OK; it's just a small beep, just right for the functionality; not forceful enough for Your turn, I'm afraid.

Sigh. I wish there was a variation of this game called Slow Golf. I played a round with someone earlier today, and both of us had to tackle work-related phone calls while advancing through the front 9 of Bethpage Black. We concluded: if there was a rule that required you to wait until that sound at 60 seconds before you were allowed to hit any shot, that would definitely increase our work productivity!   

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 3:30 PM

If you don't like the sound, why don't you just turn it off:

Main Menu>My Settings>Game Options>Sound

Warren

• PAGES
RSS