Forums

Help › Forums

WGT caused my bank account to be frozen.

Fri, Dec 31 2010 12:08 PM (9 replies)
  • coyotedh1
    24 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 3:40 AM

Yea thats right i had to call the Anti fraud squad within my Bank. There were 3 attempted transactions from WGT. I remeber 2 that i tried. They say WGT is on their hotlist?. My account auto locks if certain crtiteria are met ur site provided that. Hence the locked bank account right over the Christmas period until today. I seriously think you look into this make sure we are secure. I wont be buying anymore from WGT now not with a suspiciouse account alert causing a bank account freeze. I would advice evryone to only use PAYPAL with this site then you ahve some backup.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 4:58 AM

Most banks freeze your online bank access after 3 attempts to log in that are incorrect. Could it be that maybe you messed up that little 3 digit code or something like that on your tries and they locked it for your protection? 

After almost 3 years I would think WGT has it under control and is quite secure. JMO

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 6:30 AM

What do you mean WGT is  on there Hotlist?

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 6:49 AM

I work for a large bank, WGT not on their hotlist.  Their lists are mostly dedicated to foreign countries and fishy large transacations.  I have purchased credits multiple times from this site and never had any issues.  However a friend of mine purchased credits here for a promotion a while back and had a similar issue, but it was really his fault as he clicked submit twice thinking the first one didnt go through.  Simple email to WGT fixed the problem and refunded his 2nd deposit.

Also, good to know your bank had the brains to freeze for something they saw as fishy, even for such low $ deposits.  Simple call to them sounds like they re-opened the account.  Transactions to a place like WGT are very easy to track so I see this as some sort of error, not WGT trying to take unauthorized funds from you.

• coyotedh1
    24 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 9:42 AM

Hi

Not having a go at WGT well maybe a little but its all info from my bank naimly the Fraud department.

May just be part of the system id prefer they cautiouse rather than my account emptys but they said and i state it was caused by WGT thats what triggered it i pay via paypal for extra security. Thats their words and they did say WGT has triggered alot of their customers being a Scottish based bank and WGT is american and in their eyes anyhting american is risky as they said its were most fraud comes from.

I put this up as others may have the same atleast my bank does the right thing in my eyes.

Main reason its aint hard to google this game and find alot of hacks,cheta etc and folk with knoledge might be able to do somthing i dont know im not a hacker just trying to inform the community.

Have a good new year folks.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 9:46 AM

coyotedh1:
    anyhting american is risky as they said its were most fraud comes from.

LOL. I think Nigeria might be up there too! I'm still waiting for my $7 million that some poor soul over there needs me to transfer to their account after I get it, or something like that.  :-D

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 10:53 AM

I found that funny YJ as well.  Funny thing is I have seen more issues with Paypal then any other institution out there.  I have seen more problems with them, some just small issues, others flat out fraud.  I refuse to even have a paypal acount anymore.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 11:05 AM

If your having issues with your credit card and security, simply load up a pre-paid card. This eliminates the chance for anyone double dipping so to speak. JB    

• borntobesting
    9,630 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 12:01 PM

coyotedh1:

Yea thats right i had to call the Anti fraud squad within my Bank. There were 3 attempted transactions from WGT. I remeber 2 that i tried. They say WGT is on their hotlist?. My account auto locks if certain crtiteria are met ur site provided that. Hence the locked bank account right over the Christmas period until today. I seriously think you look into this make sure we are secure. I wont be buying anymore from WGT now not with a suspiciouse account alert causing a bank account freeze. I would advice evryone to only use PAYPAL with this site then you ahve some backup.

One question, have you tried the Mint.com offer? 

• borntobesting
    9,630 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 12:08 PM

YankeeJim:

coyotedh1:
    anyhting american is risky as they said its were most fraud comes from.

LOL. I think Nigeria might be up there too! I'm still waiting for my $7 million that some poor soul over there needs me to transfer to their account after I get it, or something like that.  :-D

$7 million? Is that all? I'm still waiting for my $15 million. 

And about 2 years ago some idiot from Nigeria sent me $2500 in Counterfeit U.S. Postal money orders thinking that because I was an old man I would be stupid enough to cash them and send them the money. I turned them into the local post office along the person's E-mail address.In these days you have to watch everything.  

And everyone beware of the Mint.com offer through trial pay. I signed up and entered the info they requested. However I made a slight mistake in entering my account #. 2 seconds after I had entered that info Mint.com tried to access my back account. 
    They claim they help you make a budget. So why do they need access to you bank account?  

RSS