Forums

Help › Forums

Small peeve about the balls...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 11 2009 6:09 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
    1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 10:04 AM

The fact that the balls degrade and get replaced is cool and everything but for realism... A ball should NOT be replaced when it is in play.  The only time it should be replaced is between holes, on the green,  or in the event of a lost ball.  It's a small detail, but since we're looking for realism here... I just had one get replaced while it was sitting on the fairway.  (good thing I didn't get a penalty :D )

Lee

• BiminiBen
    53 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 2:22 PM

LOL, in fact, that would be a rules violation, replacing a ball in the middle of a hole!!!  WGT what WERE you thinking???  What would the USGA think???  Ok, well, add a few credits to my account and my lips are sealed!!! ;-P

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 2:34 PM

I would like to be able to see how much is left on a ball before I start playing.  So I don't accidentally start a round with 1 ball that only has 7 hits left on it.

Also, the FAQ mentions that if you run out mid-round, the ball will be replaced with the same type AND color if you have them available.  Couldn't that just be same type only?  I don't really care if you switch me over to blue balls if I started with green ones and ran out.  That's way better than being stuck with the default ball.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 3:46 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, we will review these with the team.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 3:46 PM

Omg Nivlac.. you really don't mind blue balls?!?!?!??!

(sorry.. I just couldn't resist)

1,644 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 4:50 AM

Damn... I was going to say the same thing.... glutton for punishment I guess!  :^P

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 10:59 AM

Right, so now we're cheating by using the balls offered to us by WGT.  :-/

It never ends does it.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 12:35 PM

< > ^ R1 L1 > ^ <

Homing ball activated !  :-P

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 12:41 PM

don't forget that up up down down left right left right b a enter gives you all the different golf clubs and balls, plus a beer cart.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 2:44 PM

marioh:
    don't forget that up up down down left right left right b a enter gives you all the different golf clubs and balls, plus a beer cart.
    Konami code ftw :D

• PAGES
RSS