Forums

Help › Forums

Closest to pin challenges...scores lows as in the 50s??

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 16 2009 2:32 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • marsusack
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 9:58 AM

I see that the leaderboard in these challenges show scores in the 50s range...meaning that that player gets as close to every hole to about  6 feet ?????  That's quite hard to comprehend or even swallow!!!...........My compliments to those players.....WOW!!

• slickrick53
    10 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 11:18 AM

i totally agree there are some awsome shooters out there

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 1:19 PM

Keep in mind.... that is the best score out of who knows how many times played...I just won last weeks wolf creek and I played it a ton... Most of my rounds would be somewhere between 100 and 200. Anything below 100 I would consider pretty good.

• Crushers
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 10:39 AM

I agree, i can't seem to get even close to the scores posted?  Is the system currently down, just hit my first hole in one and the system froze up and i have been unable to recover?

• TechnicalFoul
    16 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 2:17 PM

You just got to get it in close.  Wolf Creek can be figured out with a few hours of practice.  Then it comes down to not choking when you have a good round going.  Not easy to stick the driver close on challenge 9 when you gotta have it.

• tuffgolfer
    21 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 10:35 AM

YOU AREN'T LYING! I reach 50 after just 2 or 3 holes. I have a MAJOR problem with my mouse and the shot-meter. The shot meter often "sticks" with glitches or outright freezes. Throws my rhythm off. My roommates must think I am wholly psycho from all of the VEHEMENT lamenting I do. Especially if  I have a decent thing going and then a big glitch happens on the 8th or 9th green, which leads to a HUGE number with penalties and a ruined round. In my last effort, I JUST concentrated on reaching every green and managed it, even if the average distance was almost 30 feet.

I often fantasize about sitting on Tibbets' consciousness while he plays to see how he does so well, so often... then just taking his ass completely over to produce the desirable results I want. ;o)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 1:37 PM

God knows i am no expert on the CTTP challenges, or the Stroke play in general, but I have learned a small technique that has saved me many an errant shot due to the swing meter skip, jump, lag, whatever you want to call it...

Let it go.  DON'T click to hit.  As soon as the meter skips on the way down, close your eyes and ignore the shot.  Think of it as a practice swing.

Granted, this doesn't work on all shots, sometimes the meter skips JUST before the line, right after you've committed to clicking... but, it does help with the majority.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 1:47 PM

Snaike... very similar to my real swing:  Close my eyes, hope for release at the bottom impact point.   Oh, and ignore the shot.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 1:51 PM

lol.. been there, done that.. like 2 hours ago..

Man.. it was bad.

• tapineagle
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jul 16 2009 2:24 PM

wolf creek can be figured out huh??? I think I'm getting worse.  Everytime I get a good round going number 6 kills me, A 5 iron use to make it, but now nothing can reach the green, and if I miss the downswing click any at all the ball is shooting way right or left and in the water.  This game is more frustrating than the real game.  I've gotten it close once on 6, but not on the green since, I thought it was my slow internet but now I'm thinking I just SUCK.

• PAGES
RSS