Help › Forums

A radical idea...and invitation

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 14 2009 8:00 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 3:04 PM

Hi folks- I've decided to re-introduce myself as I've had a real epiphany about this game and how I will be playing it here forward...and invite/challenge you to consider doin the same.

I've decided to complete every ranked round either in single or multiplayer mode and keep the score regardless of how well or poorly I do.  This will not only increase the challenge and "realness" of the game but also provide for a true average of my scores.

I used to quit my game, even in multiplayer (sorry) if I was playing poorly and only complete rounds which would keep my average the same or improve it....but no more!  I've been playing it straight for the past few days and have seen my average go from 69 to almost 76 (and climbing!) but I've chosen today, July 4th, as the day I declare my independence from my old way of  playing .  If any of you would like to join me in doing this please leave your user name on my wall so we can play in multiplayer.

I understand that sometimes, on a rare occasion, there is a real need to quit playing and that is fine but the people I am most interested in playing are the one's who have decided to keep it real by completing all rounds both individually and in groups.   Look forward to hearing from you!-  Neil (Kaufman, TX USA)

• Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 3:41 PM

i only play multiplayer and i complete every round that i have an opponent to finish with, i've never played against a worse ranked master than myself since i play the game honestly. i applaud your attempt and would gladly play you anytime

• GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 4:13 PM

much appreciated.  a bit daunted at the prospect of playing you (master level) but would prolly be good for my game!  see ya on the links-  neil

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 4:38 PM

only games i quit are the closest to the hole...not cuz i suck at them....just cuz i forget how much i hate CTH, start to play it then remember. anyway "ranked" is the only way i play and IMHO the only way ;-) if u had made this a "pledge" post i would have certainly signed it and joined u. 'course i will still be apart of the "real" play.

happy and safe 4th!

jay

• HHH904
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 4:38 PM

I am in. Just invite anytime!

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 5:03 PM

Good idea. Hope more players adopt your honesty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 7:45 AM

I appreciate the positive feedback!  Tied a guy last night on Bethpage course after starting out the round dismally.  Both of our final scores were terrible but I'm real glad I didn't quit the game like I used to or never would have had the chance to make up the 2 stroke difference on the last couple of holes...so even the tie was pretty gratifying.  Hope to see you out there  on  the links!-  Neil

• albany
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 8:40 AM

That's not RADICAL....I love it....honesty...finishing what you start.....go figure!   I'm in and look forward to

playing each of you. 

• Smac26orioles
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 9:01 AM

count me in add me as a friend whenever or send an invite to play

• slickrick53
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 9:09 AM

I am not that good of a pro but i"ll play and not a quitter----any time

• PAGES
RSS