25 from Legend Tees

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 17 2010 7:01 AM (27 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 9:46 AM

Richard4168:
    Meter problem? What meter problem?  :)

Very nice card. It's a testimony that the Legend tier isn't so scary after-all.

I could be wrong, but I believe the lowest score prior to this is a 27, and even jake would have to admit that his 25 was probably the best streak of luck that he's gotten in his entire life (barring the possibility that he came across some 1337 )-(4><.)

The odds of even a top legend getting a 25 are probably 1/1,000,000, if not worse.  A 25 from the legend tees is, I would say, harder than shooting a 24 from the master tees, and either tied with or slightly easier than shooting a 23 from the master tees.  Jake's round is not reflective of the difficulty of the legend tier, but rather some freak occurrence that is beyond comprehension.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 9:58 AM

Sweet round Jake!

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 9:59 AM

Very nice "Wolf-man" ;D....but what about that "96" at Doral last month? ;P LOL 

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 10:12 AM

No wonder you keep coming back for more ;-)  Excellent stuff.  That should balance out all those WDs  lol

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 10:16 AM

Great shooting Jake and very impressive sir. May I say another fantastic feat from another deviant! :)

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 10:18 AM

Funny thing is I shot my first 27 from the Legend tees last week.  Followed it up 2 days later with another 27, both on Kia back which is ridiculously hard from Legend tees.  Now a 25.  Still in shock.  Even funnier that I have also WD from 4 ready gos today because of meter freezes.

And Charle is right, PURE LUCK!  Don't think I dinged but about 6 shots the whole round.  Fought the meter but when I missed it was always on the proper side to counteract the wind.  Did make a couple of nice 20 footers in route.

Reminds of high school track when I finally high jumped 6'6" which was my height.  Once I broke that mental barrier was able to clear 6'10" about 3 weeks later.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 11:44 AM
    That is sick! Bravo!
  • Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 12:00 PM

Super round....that is totally amazing!!

• pauls
    1,146 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 1:47 PM

great round jake, well played mate

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 3:10 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Even funnier that I have also WD from 4 ready gos today because of meter freezes.

I don't get this part. Why do you withdraw? Do you try to salvage a round or just give up on them after a bad whatever? The only reason I ask this is because I think something else is at work there. I'm sure you're having those problems but is it possible everybody in that particular RG is having difficulty too?

I just recently struggled to a 35 at BPB in a RG and thought that was going nowhere. The winning score was 32!! What is up with that? Legends that own this game shooting a 32 on the same 9? I stick around rounds I would like to WD from because I think maybe everybody else is up against the same things I am-putts lipping out, stopping short where they never used to-stuff like that.

Now you come along with killer rounds that even you are amazed at. I don't think you're lucky, you're just good and put yourself in high reward situations, then execute.  I'm just wondering why you give up when maybe it's not you.

RSS