Forums

Help › Forums

International Game

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 3 2009 11:30 AM (4 replies)
  • JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 4:12 PM

Well I tried something different today. I have about a dozen people on my friends list and usually just play with them. This morning no one was on so I decided to try something new, and just join someone else's game. After 2 hours and multiple tries where people dropped out left and right, I finally got into a threesome that actually played.

There was myself, (pro) from California, CMY4RE (pro) from New Zealand, and Cheester (amature) from Mexico. I know I'm not supposed to name names here, but this is GOOD :-), not bad. You couldn't ask for 3 more different backgrounds, but we got along great. Poor Cheester doesn't speak english, but his typing is suprisingly (is that a word?) readable. It's winter in New Zealand, summer here. We had such a good time chattin that I don't think anyone really paid attention to the score. We taught Cheester a little english, he taught us a little spanish, I even learned that kapi (pronounced Ka-pie) means thankyou in native New Zealander.

So you see, even if you are havin trouble with a group, just keep trying and sooner or later you will find good people. They're out there, and now I have a couple more friends on my list.

Thanks WGT

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 7:43 PM

This is a very nice post JTxpress, and I am so glad to hear that your patience were rewarded with an enjoyable game.  Being from Australia and the time zone is almost opposite from most part of the world, it's sometimes difficult to meet people and make friends at first, but a little patience and a friendly attitude will solve this problem.  We're all here just looking to have some fun playing the game we love so much, and to meet people and make new friends from all over the world.  That's just wonderful and thanks to everyone at wgt for making it possible.  

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 9:21 PM

i played about 50 games with people by joining them. i enjoy it:)

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 1:05 AM

Yeh - nice post Jtxpress.

Multi plays are great fun, and as you say the score sometimes doesnt really mean that much.

Am always looking for new friends, so call me up if you ever get the chance.

Cya on the fairways.

Cheers Doug

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 11:30 AM

My experience has been the same in about 90% of my group play.  Played in over 30.

Late...

bbeards4

RSS