Help › Forums

Distances that are not realistic

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 12 2009 8:59 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Reaper6698
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 7:58 AM

Why is that all the real golfers are hitting 250-275 yards but in this game even with the ugraded clubs you can only hit maybe 245 if you get a good bounce and roll?

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 10:07 AM

really?.....umm....*cough*searchforumsmaybe*cough* ;-)

• SWDE
    21 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 2:26 AM
    Longest Drive 286 Yd.
    Avg. Driving Distance Average drives are 240 -250
    231 Yd.
    Driving Accuracy

77.13%

• redrum001
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 4:13 AM

hello i have checked forums and have not found anything on getting more distance out of club i did see where one had chart of clubs rank and distance and pro's says 240 heck i am lucky to get 230 with roll have the time as pro rank with exe shot..woundering if you can tell me where info is in the forums

• ducegolf2
    19 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 6:07 PM

I guess WGT doesn't thing we can hit it any farther than 240 consistently. :(

Duce

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 8:06 PM

Ive posted in someone elses post about this, I claimed to have a 285 yd avg drving distance and a fir of 50% to 60% now, only saying this to have everyone shoot me down. I play 2 times a week and goto the driving range at least 2 nights a week. I can and do drive that distance consistently. I played today at south hills in hanover pa and on the south course number 4 was playing 332 from an elevated tee, i hit it to the fringe . Number 6 is 357 yards and I had 60 to go for my approach. Why am I spewing about this, because, I am 27 years old and I have been playing golf for 13 years, most of the people I play with hit about 10 to 25 yards less than I do but have a better FIR. My point is this, if I am a PRO on wgt and I am hitting the ball 240 then it is not realistic. I understand people say "i only hit 230 with a roll" Tour avg is only 285 etc etc, I dont care, you hit  230 yards? Thats great your not a pro. I am sick of people talking about yardages, we are simply not hitting as far as we should be in this game. Thats all there is to it. 

People are making comments about what they do and quite frankily if you only hit 230 yards then there is probably a reason. I am not a pro, I carry a 6 to 8 handicap but Ive spent enough time playing and working on my swing that ive made it possible for myself to hit 280ish consistently.

To go over it one more time. I am a pro on wgt and I hit 240 that is very inconsistant with what pga pros hit in real life so the arguement as it is beat to death,distance shoud be longer.

• gutboxwithsauce
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 8:26 PM

what is the stated policy surrounding this.  would love to hear the official reasons from WGT.  and it better not be $10 upgrades next month.

• Trackterror03
    105 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 8:45 AM

I whole heartedly agree with most all that was said. Tiger Wood's Golf may have it's issues, but at least I can hit the ball 290+ with the big dog. I believe that maybe as a "hacker", your clubs should be a little tougher, but being tagged as a pro, who spent good money on the best clubs offered in the pro shop, WGT needs to reevaluate the equipment, and proportionalize it accordingly, without having to buy all new equipment. On TWG, I average approximately 63, give or take. But on this game, I am averaging only 84, and I play/practice for several hours. It is a son-of-a-gun just to make par. And I don't even want to get into the shot meter issues which are so inconsistant, it is not even funny.

WGT, please listen to the people, and fix your equipment and meter issues. 

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 9:07 AM
  • Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 9:10 AM

Lee also made some very good points in a past post regarding this subject

United States 05-27-2009 9:55 AM

To add some food for thought...

Something I think that a lot of people on here have lost sight of is that this site is a digital representation of a completely analog system.  There is absolutely no way that the programmers of this game can cover every scenario under the sun. So yes, the video game version of golf is and always be more accurate than the real thing, because there are only a finite amount of outcomes for any given shot. Real world, it's infinite!  A butterfly flaps its wings 10 miles away and your ball ends up fading into the drink instead of drawing into the fairway.  Look at it like a music CD, to a pure audiophile it will never ever live up to vinyl as far as sound quality and depth.  But it's a lot easier to install a CD player in your car to listen when your on your way to work!  Sure the quality isn't there, but do you really notice it that much?  I don't... then again my hearing isn't all that great anyways!  =P

So what has to happen? Something HAS to be sacrificed.  Whether it's distance, accuracy or deviations, something has to give!  Until there are more options for the player to choose his or her own fate, one or more of these sacrifices needs to be artificially added (or subtracted) from the game.  But one thing holds true... We are all on the same playing field!  We all have to deal with the same issues, we all have the option to upgrade clubs and we all have the option to practice, learn and become better.  So you ask, is this real golf that we are playing? Answer: No, of course not.  Is it close?  Not quite yet... but it's getting there.  Is this site the closest to the real thing? ABSOLUTELY!  

So lets be patient and not force the makers of this site to go the way of the console video game, where everyone can shoot the ridiculous scores. 

That's it,

Lee

• PAGES
RSS