Forums

Help › Forums

Amazing how some people become good at this game so quickly.

Wed, Dec 8 2010 3:07 PM (98 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 8:05 AM

I've done it x, and out of respect for better players who aided me when I was a newby, I will never filter them out of my p/u games. Sure lots of them are silent and just throwing the ball around for fun and testing the waters, but every now and again you find one who wants to chat and learn, and I for one am happy to help.

• Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 8:42 AM

I as well will not filter out for tier.......but I will definitly be suspicious of any lower level tiered player who joined on Dec. 5th!!

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 9:27 AM

x1524807:

borntobesting:
    . I play with them for the company and if they ask I try to give them some help with their game, like many masters helped me when I was a hack.

I think you would find "company" amongst your peers. Something does not make sense when a master wants to play with a hack. WGT has tutorials for hacks, so you should not worry about "teaching" them the game. Sorry, but 2 plus 2 does not add to 5, only 4

Tutorials  is not playing experience,and why not we all started somewhere. Nothing better then seeing new players showing a interest in the game and wanting to do well,helped me alot when i started and im still learning from more experienced members.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 9:32 AM

x1524807:

borntobesting:
    . I play with them for the company and if they ask I try to give them some help with their game, like many masters helped me when I was a hack.

I think you would find "company" amongst your peers. Something does not make sense when a master wants to play with a hack. WGT has tutorials for hacks, so you should not worry about "teaching" them the game. Sorry, but 2 plus 2 does not add to 5, only 4

The tutorials don't teach you the finer points that only come from experience or someone with the experience teaching you. Take the punch shot wedges that so many of us use to fill in the gap between our wedges. I would not have even thought about that if a master hadn't told me when during a round when I was a hack. And As I said before I will play with anyone. Some will only play with people in their own tier and imo you miss out on many opportunities to make new friends doing that. And I never play MPC's just friendly ranked rounds and friendly match play rounds. 

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 9:51 AM

Ya I concur.

In my CC we even have tutorial sessions where those willing to give advice will play those who wish to learn-seems to work,and furthermore makes for a tighter club atmosphere.

For me,part of the excitement of the game is to select "anyone" on the game selection screen and just see who turns up,but I have to say it is mostly Amateurs and Hacks that you actually can complete a game with,presumably because other TP,masters etc,dont like losing to their "peers"...Now if you ask me,THAT doesnt add up now does it?Well apart from the 5's not making 4 pars of course-and mayhap the utter imbalance created in an ego when that occurs.for some.

Anyway,I think after having followed this post,that the answer is staring us all in the face.Upper tiers playing lower tiers CAN be beneficial,we only have to look and see how SexySophiesx game improved after a few sessions with that good ole feller Deccy now don't we?

And all for the trade of a sleeve of balls and a wallet picture...

• Shane31794
    2 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 1:18 PM

What I dont understand is that someone can create an account and in a day or two be at level 27 and be a master with a 85.6 percent score and not use money???

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 5:49 PM

zagraniczniak:
    WGT has its protocols for dealing with these issues.

protocol 1

thank you for reporting this and we will investigate

protocol 2

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 5:54 PM

VanHalenLover:
    hrowing the ball around for fun and testing the waters, but every now and again you find one who wants to chat and learn

laughed myself to sleep

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 5:56 PM

borntobesting:
    thought about that if a master hadn't told me when during a round when I was a hac

I find most masters are hacks with fancy clubs, lol

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 5:58 PM

aussieguyadam:
    Nothing better then seeing new players showing a interest in the game and wanting to do

in all due respect to you and yours, B S

RSS