Announcing the Formation of the International Golf Association

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 19 2010 8:04 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 5:56 PM

The International Golf Association Official Formation

The International Golf Association (IGA) is proud to be the newest way to use the World Golf Tour as an alternative source of competing in tournaments and becoming the world's top virtual golf player. Throughout the calendar year, many tournaments will be created to give the best and the worst golfers chances to prove themselves on the world rankings. The IGA Tour is open to any golfer who would like to test themselves against the best international players; more on signing up for tournaments will come later.

***** The IGA has no official affiliation with the World Golf Tour. *****

The International Golf Association's Plan

1. The IGA Tour will include five divisions: Division A, B, C, D, and E. Division A is for the best players, and so the prizes are higher; the reverse goes for Division E. Tournament rated Division E will be open to anyone who chooses to play. To play in a Division D-rated tournament, you must be within a certain ranking range to be named later. As you move from E to D and beyond, the prize money is higher, but the skill level also increases.

2. There will be hundreds of tournaments to compete in throughout the year. Some will be match play, some stroke play, and even some skins tournaments. a: Match play tournaments in Divisions C, D, and E will be limited to 128 players, for a maximum of seven rounds played. They will be full 18-hole rounds: two rounds each will be completed on Wednesday and Thursday, and one round each will be played on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Division A and B match play tournaments will be 64-person tournaments, with two rounds on Thursday and Friday, one on Saturday, and one on Sunday. All match play tournaments will begin at 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST). You will be notified of your designated tee time the night before, as well as your competitor. See bolded text below for information on changing your tee time. b: Stroke play tournaments in Division E can have up to 256 competitors; Division D tournaments can have 200 sign-ups; Division C can have a maximum of 176 people; Division B stroke play tourneys can hold 164 people; and 152 golfers are allowed in Division A stroke play tournaments. All stroke play tournaments will begin on Thursday, with four-person groups, beginning at 9:00 AM EST. Each golfer will be notified of their starting time on both Thursday and Friday on Wednesday night, as well as the group they are in, by way of a golfer's Wall. Make sure you check this every Wednesday night if it is a stroke play tournament. On Friday night, anybody who is not within eight strokes of the leader or has not shot a round under par will be cut. You will be notified if you do not make the cut. If you do make the cut, you will be told your designated tee time on Saturday morning, as well as the person you are playing with. On Saturday night, when the third round has been completed, those who make the cut will be re-paired and will be notified of their Sunday tee time. c: Skins tournaments are never individual tournaments; they are always tournaments in which players will be grouped with others. These do not affect the world rankings, but they are still very important. They will be qualifiers for the World Crown Cup, a tournament that takes place in November. The World Crown Cup is a team event where countries complete against each other, like the Ryder Cup. Eight countries will compete; to be on your team, you must perform well in the monthly skins tournaments. The top sixteen players in each country will be selected for their national team; they will compete in a week-long event that will eventually reward the best golfing country in the world. It’s a great honor to be the champion of the World Crown Cup; make sure you enter these skins tournaments to have a shot at your national team.

***** If you are unavailable at your designated tee time, make sure you come to my wall (Gaoerfuqiu's Wall) and say that your time does not work for you! Please give us tee times that work for you, and we will do the best we can to accommodate you! *****

3. To sign up for a tournament, place your name in the comments section below, along with the tournament you’d like to compete in. If there is a specific time you would like to request, you may say so as well. You can sign up for a tournament in any division, but a player who has been playing Division D tournaments (meaning he has a low ranking) and wants to play a Division B tournament probably will not get into the tournament. However, there are qualifying tournaments; these can have a maximum of 100 people, no matter what division it is. The qualifying will be played on Monday and Tuesday. You will be notified if you have made the qualifying or if you have already made the main draw; if you’ve missed the qualifying, you will be told. Tee times will begin on Monday morning at 9:00 AM; as usual, you will be notified of your tee time and your group. Note that qualifying is only for stroke play tournaments.

4. Here is the 2009 schedule (at least, what’s left of it):

DATE

DIVISION A

DIVISION B

DIVISION C

DIVISION D

DIVISION E

July 6-12

Bluegrass City Open

Southern Golf Series Louisville

Sharp’s Div-C Tournament

The Bull Run Tournament

Prairie View Open

July 13-19

iGolf Live Championship

Code Magenta Open

Surprise Golfing Open

Burnin’ Summer Tourney

Stabilizer Open

July 20-26

Beast Series R

Golly!wood Golf

Confidential Tournament

Div-D Strokes

Rookie Match Play Open

July 27-August 2

Birdie-Beagle Open

Meat and Beans Open

Serv One Open

Freewind Open

Shades of Glory Classic

August 3-9

Win a Car! presents Not Really Open

Southern Golf Series Jackson

Spruce Champs

Plick-Pizz-Pitz-Pitch

Treeline Tournament

August 10-16

Schanidoit Higher Championship

Schanidoit Open

Pig’s Nose Championship

Curpo & Ham presents the Golf Open

Pole Championship

August 17-23

Monkey Open

Southern Golf Series New Orleans

Fast and Then You Take it Slow Classic

Sunshine Championship

Swinging Panther Open

August 24-30

Match Play Div-A Invitational

Exter Open

Laugh Open Invitational

Lyrical Open

Sharp’s 4-Rooks Open Tournament

August 31-September 6

Bong Classic

Bong Classic

Bong Classic

Bong Classic

Bong Classic

September 7-13

Taco Man & Johnny Waffle Series presents Golf

Sticks & Stones Open

Ji-Eji-E Scramble Stroke Open

chsoPsycho Golf Open

The Duke’s Presentation of Golf

September 14-20

Beast Series S

Swing Stick Tournament

Pocomo Ops

Cap Off Golfing

Oxymbaf Open

September 21-27

IHOWaffles Golf

Southern Golf Series Miami

International Amateur

Blisster Classic

Scrapper Golf Tournament Div-E

September 28-October 4

I Am Tiger

I Am Phil

I Am Sergio

Pure Hache Open

Cross Open

October 5-11

Tricks Are For Golf Pros Open

Luck’s Tournament

Randomizer

Sells Tournament

TemPlate Championship

October 12-18

Fill the Double Open

Cool Down Open

Serv Two Open

Autumn Amateur

U.R.A. Golfer Open Champs

October 19-25

Variational Golf Classic

Southern Golf Series Charleston

Learn Open

WT Golf

iGolf Live Div-E October Open

October 26-November 1

Beast Series Y

Fours Open

BSY Squared Tournament

Cartoon Muffin Classic

Fluffer-Butter-Nutter Open

November 2-8

The Championship

The Invitational

The Classic

The Tournament

The Open

November 9-15

Match Play Open Championship

Fruit  is for IHOP Open

Stewy and Colby Classic

Pouncing Tiger Golf Tourney

King Ace Championship

November 16-22

WCC Crown Tune-up pres. by Sharp’s

WNIVFQM Golf Tournament

Div-C Open Tournament Classic Champs

Payoff Open

FreeTake Tournament

November 23-29

On Top of the World Classic

Skips Open

Whisper Golf Open

The 2009 The Donald Championship

Black Classic

November 30-December 6

Fits Golf

Laze Golf

Eats Golf

Hibes Golf

Naps Golf

December 7-13

Official IGA Tour World Championship

Division B Champions International

Division C Champions International

Division D Champions Invitational

Division E Champions Invitational

5. Each tournament has a pool of ranking points that are allocated based on finishing spots. For Division A, it’s 20,000 points; for Div-B, 15,000; for Div-C, 8,000; for Div-D, 5,000; and for Div-E, 2,500. Ranking points are allocated by: (1) how much under par a golfer was in a tournament, and (2) how close to the leader(s) he was. This combination is relative to the average of a tournament; if above-average, the player gets more money; if below, the player receives less. Qualifying tournaments have pools of 10% of the actual tournament’s pool, but the same point allocation applies.

6. Prize money works in the same way as point allocation; Division A tournaments have total pools of $5,000,000; Div-B, $3,500,000; Div-C, $2,500,000; Div-D, $1,000,000; and Div-E, $500,000. A player’s earnings hopefully, in the future, can be cashed in for prizes! (Hint, hint: play tournaments!)

7. The last week of the season is devoted to, for Divisions B thru E, the Champions Invitational, in which players who have won tournaments that year can compete in that division’s year-end tournament. Each one christens the best player to compete in that division. Players can compete in a Champions Invitational in any division, no matter their ranking, as long as they have won at least one tournament in that division in that calendar year. The prize pools are the same, but the winner receives a bonus of $100,000 in Div-E, $200,000 in Div-D, $350,000 in Div-C, and $500,000 in Div-B. As well, the winners receive 2,500 ranking points (do not vary by division). The top 32 players in the world have the opportunity to compete in the Official IGA Tour World Championship; this tournament christens the best player in the world that season. Winners of this tourney get bonuses of $2,000,000 and 2,000 ranking points; the regular pools apply. But an added perk of winning the World Championship is the bragging rights: champions of the ultimate championship are forever known as one of the best golfers ever to play the game.

8. Players may not sign up for multiple tournaments in a week; i.e., they cannot sign up for a Division B and a Division C tournament that run during the same week. This rule also applies for competing in skins competitions and division tournaments. Skins Championships are three-day events that begin on Friday and end on Sunday. On Friday, players will play 18-hole rounds against an opponent – the regular rules for playing skins apply. (If you do not know how to play skins, look it up online.) Players will do the same thing on Saturday and Sunday. By winning more skins, you have a better chance of representing your country later in the World Crown Cup. You do not receive the money that you win by taking a skin, but by winning more skins, obviously, you will get more prize money. In 2009, the July Skins Championship will take place during the week of July 20-26; the August Skins Championship will be August 10-16; the September Skins Championship, Sep. 7-13; and the October Skins Championship, Oct. 19-25. The World Crown Cup will be held over the last week in November annually. It is a week-long event with an eight-team single elimination bracket. One match is played on Monday, where eight players square off separately against eight players from the other nation to play an 18-hole match play event. On Thursday, those that have made it to the semifinals will send their other eight players to play their opposing team’s other eight players in the same format. Saturday and Sunday are devoted to the finals, in which all sixteen players on each team play each other in the last charge to be named the best golfing country in the world. The 2009 World Crown Cup will be contested during the week of November 23-29.

9. We know that the current ranking system in the World Golf Tour may be below average, but they will be used to determine what divisions you can compete in for now. If your scoring average is above 100, you must play in Division E tournaments; 90-100, Division D; 80-90, Division C; 70-80, Division B; and 60-70, Division A. After a few weeks, enough people will have played, and enough points will have been allocated, that we can start to find some substance in our rankings and be able to move people by division.

THE SIGN-UP DEADLINE FOR TOURNAMENTS DURING THE WEEK OF JULY 6-12 IS SATURDAY, JULY 4: THIS IS BECAUSE WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT WHO MUST COMPETE IN QUALIFYING. SIGN UP TODAY!

***** If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask; but please go to my wall (Gaoerfuqiu’s Wall) and ask them. The comments section below should be reserved for sign-ups. *****

This official announcement has been presented by the International Golf Association.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 7:24 PM

good luck!

• dezorama
    38 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 7:01 AM

id like to sign up have scoring avg between 75-80 atm

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 7:08 AM

Multiple account?  Gibberish name?

No thanks.

• dezorama
    38 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 7:41 AM

so its fake

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 8:04 AM

You guys should really make a whole section dedicated to Ryder and/ Presidents Cup stuff on the front page of you "NEWS" page.  If not for anything else but to peak the interest of more and more players to qualify for the team.  Which would in turn better the quality of each team if more people were trying to qualify.

Another idea that came to mind was how each Ryder / Presidents Cup captain each year gets to pick his/her teams gear for that year.  You should try and make that happen here too....that would be sweet!  Then let the qualifying members of each team  have access to those outfits for a couple of weeks before the tourney starts.  Then they could  ware them proud as they join a group or practice or whatever.  And whoever is in that group (especially if they are somewhat new) will be all.... whoooa... that guys and/or girl is on the Ryder Cup team... what a Stud and/or Stud-ete (LOL)..

Anyways... I have a bunch more stuff in my head as far as ideas go but ill spare all of you (lol)

Late...

bbeards4

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 9:42 AM

It sounds like a good idea, just a bit extreme. And prize money? You are kidding me, right? And has anyone noticed that the 'person' running this has only been a member for 1 day? 1 day and then they show us this. Seems like a multiple-account thing to me. I want to know the true owner!

Well, that's my 1p (2 cents), and my first moan on WGT.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 4:01 PM

FYI, gaoerfuqiu is how you say golf in Chinese. I should know - I'm learning it.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2009 6:42 AM

Seeing as you replied and completely kicked our butts with it, I'll have to say well done.

May I ask (no longer in any sort of moany way), is this your 2nd account, because there is no way you set this up in a day.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2009 2:01 PM

Look, I signed up early Saturday morning and I was absolutely hooked. Never had I played such a realistic golf game. And I was checking out the forums when I noticed the section for community-organized tournaments. (By now, this was mid-Saturday - I hadn't been playing the whole day, of course!) I saw lots of really cool things like the stuff Nivlac does. I've always liked organizing things, especially sports events, and particularly over-the-top sports events. The idea popped into my head almost as soon as I saw these: I had been a little dissapointed with the way the tournaments are run here because some are run for over a month, and most are single-round events. I was hoping for something that was fairly similar to something like the PGA Tour: four rounds, scheduled times, etc. I got the idea of creating a new thing, not realizing, of course, how extensive and almost physically impossible it would be to complete something like this. In the future, I hope to run a few tournaments - obviously not as broad as this.

To directly answer your question, this is certainly my first account. I'm glad I found it!

• PAGES
RSS