Forums

Help › Forums

rankings

Fri, Dec 18 2009 10:01 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • iavinilawoods
    26 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 6:11 AM

how did i go from a hack to a pro... i could hardly shoot par as a hack.. shouldnt i at least been amuture for a while

• timgould
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2009 12:50 PM

get in line.... a lot of people have been bitching about that.

• iavinilawoods
    26 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:34 AM

i am quite upset at this point. a, no one from your little game here found it nessasry to answer my question about rankings. then i spend 20 bucks on your new clubs and i still cant reach all the greens in regulation even with perfect hits. and why people think this is so realistic is beyond me. you hit a perfect shot that turns out to be way off mark, flies three quarters of distanst ect. and dont tell me about the wind and lie ect. i understand all that. oh wait i dont have to worry about you telling me anything its been three months since my first question was never answered. well anyway hope you spent my 20 bucks wisely cause its the last you get. im back to tiger woods you folks enjoy this realistic game were some people cant even reach greens and others shoot 12 and 14 under.

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:21 AM

WOW, he doesn't sound like he feels good, maybe someone should call the WHAAAAAAMULANCE....   btw,  i spent 20 bucks on the ping pro irons, and with the distance golf balls, ive had no trouble reaching every green, maybe you just suck, did you ever think of that? Have fun with tiger, I hear he isn't doing very well these days either...lol

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:05 PM

kissfanpdx:
    Have fun with tiger, I hear he isn't doing very well these days either...lol

i dont know about that, hot wife ,dozen plus women on the side , millions in the bank, he`s doing great i think sore tooth is all he has to complain about LMAO

great golf chippy

• iavinilawoods
    26 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:44 AM
    i see you must be a big kiss fan. that explains alot. not really crying just a bit frustated with the game, well more specific its rankings. to go from hack to pro without ever winning anything at the hack ranking just dosent seem right ok. so if you could be so kind as to explain that maybe i would find a little help in this forum insted of ridicule. good day.
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:21 AM

iavinilawoods:
    maybe i would find a little help in this forum insted of ridicule.

You can forget about that.All whining or complaining will be handled in this painful manner.Now I will tell you something you don't want to hear but I'm gonna say it anyway.I started in mid Oct. and have spent ALOT of money on clubs and balls to improve my game but none of that helped(well maybe just a little) but what really helped was PRACTICE...If you'll notice the swing meter got a little faster now didn't it.Be honest.So about the time you got used to the old swing meter it disappeared,gone forever.So now you will have to get used to the new swing meter in which when you turn master it too will be gone forever,see ya...I'm wasting my time anyway you said you wanted to go back to looney tune golf anyway so Bye.Oh yeah I tried TWO for about half a hole and it was like trying to fly a helicopter with all those gauges and meters everywhere.I guess thats whats so good about this "unrealistic" WGT version of golf its all you baby.Other than the meter skips the game is awsome and the best one out there,so beat it,get back to where YOU can shoot a 17 or 18 thru 9 or shall I say where YOUR computer can shoot 17 or 18 thru 9.If you  think this is rude ,GOOD, because when you come on someone's site and 'dis it what can you expect.

Good day then,

Larry

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:37 AM

iavinilawoods:

how did i go from a hack to a pro... i could hardly shoot par as a hack.. shouldnt i at least been amuture for a while

I think what happened is you were a victim of BETA. They have been playing with the tiers and advancement points (average to move up) constantly. 

When you took a break from WGT after the U.S. open qualifying they did an update that moved people up(some went from hack to master....ouch). 

Once you have been moved up a tier you cannot drop back.

I would suggest that you e mail WGT directly and explain the situation.

members@worldgolftour.com

I hope this helps.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:40 AM

iavinilawoods- I`ll try to answer your original question. Back in June/July the tiers were changed from ONLY TWO tiers to FOUR tiers. That means that the parameters for each of the tiers were re-figured and your ranked rounds to that date placed you in the pro tier. If you look at the score averages of the hack and am. tiers, I think you`ll agree that you belong in the pro tier. I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask again.

As for not reaching the greens in two, join the club (no pun intended)! If the wind isn`t favorable, then it comes down to course management....and some luck to save par. This happens in real life also for pros and hacks alike.

Hitting a perfect shot can be affected by "the beast" at ANY time. Search the beast and you`ll find A LOT of info and hopefully some answers for that.

Hope this helps, GL and Enjoy

ninjad by Soulcatcher

• iavinilawoods
    26 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2009 8:23 AM
    thanks appreciate the explanation very much guess i just got keep trying
  • PAGES
RSS