Forums

Help › Forums

Driving St Andrews 16th

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 29 2010 10:00 AM (3 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 2:58 AM

Usually in a ready go, I will often face a 30 mph right to left wind, but when aiming, the aim ark wont go far enough right due to the out of bounds, so if i ding drive, ball always gets blown into bunker!,  then if i try to miss ding in the draw box, mostl of the time ball goes out of bounds...Any tips on not getting in the bunker?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 5:44 AM

The aim arc rotates 360 degrees around the golfer. The actual picture of the arc stays inbounds but the cursor doesn't. Can't be that hard to "imagine" the invisible extension.

Huge tip for that wind-miss intentionally to the first mark right or left of perfect into the wind and the ball will fly straight. This works in crosswinds without fail. You lose a little distance sometimes but you're straight. GL

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 8:37 AM

Missing intentionally is one of those skills that only few very advanced players employ. There are several holes where it is to your advantage. Sometimes only way to either get close or to stay in fairway is to get close.

I know for a fact that Bollox plays miss the meter on few holes with right conditions. :)

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 10:00 AM

Use the triangle marker in the mini-map on right side of screen to help adjust where you are shooting to if you can't get the aimer to get where you need it.

RSS