Forums

Help › Forums

New green speeds

Wed, Apr 12 2017 2:32 PM (49 replies)
  • ebbwmikey
    433 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 5:04 AM

wgt playing silly buggers once again just played front 9 of whistler got to the 3rd hole green had a putt of 37ft and 15 inch up now normally on championship green a take a average of 10ft off the putt if the distance is about 50ft including the gradient up hill but on this occasion i decided to putt the ball has it said 37ft 15 up i hit 51 or there abouts and to my amazement the ball only traveled 10ft now this aint the first time this has happened over the last couple of weeks on diff courses if the programmers are going to mess with green speeds stop dropping silly mistakes like this its frustrating enough with all the other bull that go's on here but putts like that are a pure joke just makes you think are wgt programming crap like this just to make extra revenue or is it just a over looked mistake WHO knows only wgt   

• hackedmytoe
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 9:06 AM

The new green speed and slope adjustments are very ridiculous.

I have spent a lot of money to play and enjoy WGT in last couple of months and now the experience is very disappointing to say the least.

I have been stuck at Pro 72.75 for weeks now, I have upgraded my golf balls, rented putters etc, and still can't progress any better due to ridiculous greens now.

When making nice straight putts to the hole, right at the last second, the ball breaks right or left unexpectantly, I have never bogeyed and doubled bogey so much in my life on WGT than I have now in the last two weeks.

Sorry to say, but I am not spending another dime WGT, this used to be fun, now its just frustrating.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 11:17 AM

Oakmont nor Pinehurst IRL,  after a 3 month long drought, would never, ever come close to hitting 30 or 40 on the stimpmeter... Last years Open IRL was running at 12.5 for you men ,  and 11.5 -12 for the weekend rounds for us ladies...not sure if the walkway leading to my door step would roll out at 40 on the stimp. Not that one couldn't adjust and post a decent card , it's just the sheer "cartoon 'ish" aspect. As I've always said , there are 2 types of people here. Gamers and Golfers. I'm the latter. Very impressive challenging conditions can be achieved with-out turning this site into something "LESS" than a "Golf simulation"... I think The U.S.G.A. would vouch for that and several of it's chosen architects !

SMH.....Ace

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 2:05 PM

Created a two round putting tourny in our cc. What a joke, the slowest (which i ACED first go on 1st hole....luck) is ridiculous but the fastest setting, well words fail me im afraid.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 5:39 PM

USGA rule's out the door now.

Doe's that mean we can choose what ball to use when we run out during the game now?

LOL

navi

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 6:38 PM

LOLserver:

Thinking positively, the new rough & super fast greens will make us "better" at chipping or pitching and even on planning the approach shot.

Eric

This is what I've been looking for. Someone who embraces the new challenge instead of just crying about it. I'm with you Eric. We're just going to get better at the game whether we want to or not. ;)

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 5:01 AM

CerinoDevoti:
    This is what I've been looking for. Someone who embraces the new challenge instead of just crying about it. I'm with you Eric. We're just going to get better at the game whether we want to or not. ;)

I agree Cerino- we / anybody can put a positive spin on a negative BUT I don think people are "crying about it" (the new GS's) but simply stating their views on this new feature no matter good or bad, pos or neg. It is a new feature . SOME players - are going to be okay with it while others are going to get completely unhinged and voice their opinion. Well maybe not unhinged but,,,,, you get my point.

I feel as most - the GS's are absolutely NOT REALISTIC AT ALL. WGT's goal is and always has been to be the most "realistic" golf game on the market. Well, over these past few yrs. that claim is slowly fading away. Again and again over the yrs I have said the game is losing its true to life play. I have also said many times that with all the new equipment and the new gb's WGT's  any hardcore gamer could (will) MASTER this game in a day. Well,,,,,,,,LOL!  

True to life / Realistic / Emulate RL golf /  NOT with these new green speeds that for sure,,,lol.

And lastly,,(not at u Cerino)   How in the HELL is anybody suppose to "get better" with ridiculous, inconsistent, no accurate calcs green speeds. PLEASE! Get better! What, when a 3 footer slightly lips out and continues to roll out another 25 feet! Ya know what - if WGT adds a feature that is obviously ridiculous - don't be afraid to SPEAK OUT against it. My goodness. Constructive criticism is the ONLY WAY a product can improve. Dont just come off with some lame ass - "oh, well at least it will make us better". GTF outta here with that lame crap.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 5:18 AM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 6:15 AM

I don't see a issue with this stuff at all.  If some one gets a kick out of stimp 40 fantastic.  

I happen to think getting under a windmill is no longer much of achievement ever since I reached puberty, and so I won't be playing it often.

Extra choice is all it is?

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2015 6:51 AM

TopShelf2010:
    Maybe WGT should switch over to making it all an Uneven Lies format?

Nooooo. Might as well pull out your ole Attari and play some Mario Brothers while you're at it. 

Now there was a game for ya. Mario Brothers. I played that game til my fingers bled. 

RSS