Forums

Help › Forums

club messsage problem

Sun, Nov 21 2010 3:52 AM (3 replies)
  • happyman123uk
    1,242 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 9:25 AM

Is there any way of sending a message to all club members(at once) apart from using the forum.Also I can't send a message to club members until they add me as a friend which is a bit daft because WGT send me a message saying a new member has joined qitters not welcome please make sure you welcome them.

• corace
    276 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 9:55 AM

No there's no way to send a message without a friends invite, unless you post something on their wall. And there's no way to send a message to more then one member at a time. Unless you make your own forum outside WGT in another address. I'm having trouble sending messages at all. I have to make sure they get sent, several times lately, I've had to rewrite the message and send it a few times and look if it got sent.

• jelewat
    11 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2010 11:38 AM
    I joined a country club two weeks ago and received no message welcoming me and my membership has not yet been activated on my account. It still shows I am not a member of a country club. I joined so I could play in tournaments and try and win some credits but so far nothing doing! Any ideas about what went wrong here? Artie
  • JWHIBB
    265 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 3:52 AM

jelewat:
    I joined a country club two weeks ago and received no message welcoming me and my membership has not yet been activated on my account. It still shows I am not a member of a country club. I joined so I could play in tournaments and try and win some credits but so far nothing doing! Any ideas about what went wrong here? Artie

I cannot say for sure, but when you apply for membership, the club owner receives an invite, not unlike when you are invited to be on someones friends list or for a game.  If the owner clicks on the invite and accepts you, you are immediately a member of their club.  it's a very simple process.  There can always be glitches, but as  club owner myself, I have never had a problem with accepting a new member.  So my best guess is that the owner of the country club did not accept you or maybe has not even responded.

If you know for a fact that this is the perfect country club for you, then perhaps you could post a message on the owners wall or send a friend invite in hopes the owner will accept at which time you can message them.  However, if the owner has simply ignored you or declined you, then both of these are not good signs of a growing and active club.  I would suggest you try another country club.

I do not mean to turn this into a commercial, but if you choose the latter, please consider  joining our club.  We are growing and VERY active!

jwhibb

Owner

Eagle Club Golf Association

RSS