Forums

Help › Forums

Funniest Video Contest!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 23 2009 5:38 PM (3 replies)
  • GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:09 PM

Whereas I'm definately putting in the hours practicing and experimenting with club combinations, wind corrections, putting etc in order to get better at the game...I still tend to hit wild ones ever so often and sometimes the results are pretty funny.  Since this is supposed to be challenging as well as fun I try not to beat myself up too bad for these really bad misses.  On one occasion on the closet to the pin challenge at Wolf Creek I knocked one down into the canyon, the ball hit a rock in the creek and bounced all the way back up onto the green!  HA!  (shoulda saved that one!)  Today  I sliced one right of the green just to the left of water and the ball bounced, ran, bounced again and then disappeared with a splash into what appeared to be an area of liquid turf!  Definately an unplayable lie!  It was pretty funny so I saved it. (you can see the shot on my profile)  So I got to thinking....how bout a weekly or monthly Funniest Video Contest for either an award or credits or both. (I know...I'm kinda pushin it a little but even if it was just a section of the forum for viewing funny shots it could be a lot of fun and it's often better to laugh off a terrible shot than to get all teed off which usually messes up the rest of the round anyway!)

If anyone else has funny shots saved please let me know cuz I'd love to see em! 

• GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:20 PM

Decided to reply to self as I just went to my profile to see the shot again and the perspective from angle 1 was the only one available.   It shows the ball bounce into the water whereas angle 2 showed the ball splash into turf just off the fringe.  Will check any future funny missed shot vids on profile before mentioning them.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:37 PM

Here's one like yours -

Casual water on the green

• GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 5:38 PM

now THAT"S what  i'm talkin about!   HA!  thanks for the heads up....i litterally LOL'd.

might be fun to have a course that was hypothetically built on top of an old artillery range or mine field...so that ever so often..when a ball lands on the fairway or green...".BOOM....goes the dynamite!"  

RSS