Forums

Help › Forums

More credits

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:57 PM (5 replies)
  • ducegolf2
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:45 PM

Can you guys give more credits to tournament winners. in the hack and amateur  tiers if you win you don't even have enough credits to upgrade your equipment. I really feel sorry for them.

Ducegolf2 

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 6:19 AM

I would have to disagree here, the whole purpose of having much lower payouts in the lower tiers is to discourage sandbagging.  Personally I think it still needs to go the other way! 

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 7:07 AM

Agreed.

Until WGT can eliminate the sandbaggers and multiple account holders they shouldn't even think about increasing payouts.

• ducegolf2
    19 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 9:16 AM

Yeah you guys are right. I never thought about what you guys said. I have one question. What is sandbagging?

Ducegolf2

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:42 PM

Sandbagging... in this sense.

Having a MASTER or PRO that you play everyday.. then create another toon to play the HACK or AMATUER tournaments to win.

It's cheating, it's illegal, it's fraud.  Multiples are against the rules and everyone who does it should have ALL ACCOUNTS BANNED FOREVER.

(Not like I feel strongly about it or anything.... )

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:57 PM

I have to add that "sandbagging" is a way to show one's disrespect for himself and to the game of golf.

It is a highly dishonorable act of artificially inflating one's handicap to gain an advantage in an upcoming tournament event.

Just say no.

Cheers,

RSS