Help › Forums

Swing Meter - plz add to this if you have similar issues

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 25 2009 12:14 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 2:15 PM

It is no longer a coincidence. Every time I am shooting under par the swing meter 'issue' returns at a greater degree. I used to think it was just a lack of server bandwidth or a hardware issue, but I am not so sure. The timing of these pauses sure seems to follow a pattern. And to review, it is NOT on my end, I assure you of this.

If you want to prevent good scores on here, make the courses harder, but please do NOT waste our time by programming this thing to make a user control act differently based on a players score. I can't prove it, but the data I've collected recently sure points to this.

This most recent occurance, when I was -1 after 3 holes, put me so far in the rough it took me 3 shots to get back to the fairway. Great round killer wgt.........

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 2:37 PM

I am not doubting you.. I am simply quoting WGTADmin2's response to a similar thread... to be found here.

WGTadmin2:

Swing meter performance is tied directly to the local machine ram usage and cpu usage.  It is true that you can have no connection to WGT's servers and still see  the swing meter stutter.  If there is an internet connection or WGT server issue, this would manifest itself as a pause after you have already made your shot and the swing meter action has already completed.  As mentioned above, a few things WGT can optimize to assist in the swing meter performance is to decrease the memory and cpu usage on your local machine and also correcting the invites. Thanks for caring - WGT

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 11:16 PM

Snaike,

Thanks for the link and the info. just to be fair, I did the following.

Closed all other programs, even mail so a send/receive didn't interrupt; closed all other browser windows so wgt was the only thing open; stopped all un-necessary services and background programs (even my anti-virus, against my better judgment);

CPU usage between 0-3%, GPU usage almost nothing, and dsl speeds tested at 5200 kbps down / 620 kbps up. 2.4Gig CPU and Gig memory, so that aint the issue either.....

Unfortunately, I got the same result after testing two different rounds with this scenario. I also see that they are talking about skips and such after the shot has been made. If that were the case, it would be no big deal, as the shot is already done and is simply rendering after the shot. My issue is with the swing meter skipping and hopping before the shot selection/mouse click. it happens too often to make this playable.....

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 11:26 PM

Switch to the Firefox browser, it's alot smoother than IE.

• ERDarkMan
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 11:57 AM

tibbets it might be a lil better in FireFox .... but the swing meter does still skip on you with FireFox too.

I use nothing but FireFox and it skips on me all the time.

• Docsider
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 12:13 PM

I agree that there is an issue when you are shooting a better round.  Fix it.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 12:30 PM

I tried a little experiment yesterday.. not long, maybe for about 10 minutes so it's not very scientific...

I, too, shut down everything  (except anti-virus, I am not THAT brave) and started a round of golf.  I had my toon just stand over the ball until my dirty rotten stinking annoyingas all get out, muck-handed, filthy blankety blanky $%^&'er friend bell went off, then I tried to take a shot.

On average, 65% of my swings had a jumpy swing meter immediately after the bell.

20% of my swings without the bell jumped.

I don't know if it means anything, but as soon as they give me the option to turn that thing off, I will.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 12:47 PM

That is what I currently use, and where I am having these issues.

• Str8Putter
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 2:54 PM

I think the problem is due mostly to the browser's Flash player plugin.  I see this kind of stuttering in Flash video clips and other Flash based games.  I usually encounter it after several smooth swings.  When I have an important shot to make, I take a few 'practice' swings and I generally get a bad one.  After that, all is well until the next few strokes.

• rnrmusic
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 4:35 PM

I notice that shutter also. what I am doing is letting it swing thru once and when it resets the second swing seems to be smoother.

• PAGES
RSS