Forums

Help › Forums

Ball Flight

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 21 2009 1:16 PM (5 replies)
  • Doubleagle2
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 12:48 AM

Suggest the program needs adjustment. When a ball is hit with the wind, straight where it's aimed, dead nuts "Excellent", it should fly there, not come up 30 yards short of the fairway in the rough.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 2:19 AM

I have also had instances where where from a perfect fairway lie, and dead straigh wind, the ball does NOT go where aimed, even with a perfect swing meter hit. It has not happened too often, but often enough to be aggravating. Combined with the 'skips' in the swing meter, it makes this very difficult to play. I don't mind getting challenged and playing poorly, but I want it to be MY fault when I do. I won't be here long if I continue to start good rounds only to have them thrown in the trash due the shortcomings of this programming.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 9:45 AM

There is a minor variance built in to every shot.  It's been referred to as 'the beast'.

It's been around for years and programmed to be there.

Some like it, some hate it, but it's the same for everyone.

• Chubbs1
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 10:00 AM

Yah the same things happening to me I hit a ball perfect with a 3 wood that says 205 yards and on the fairway and then the ball goes 166 yards and I'm like wtf?! what is this?!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 10:18 AM

I have 657 rounds in, and I have never had a 3 wood come up lame at 166 yrds. It might have happened, but it shouldn't do that again ever. Unless of course, you have a 50 MPH head wind.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 1:16 PM

I have hit a 3wood 165.... from the rough.

From the fairway, on the bell, level, no major headwind... no. 

Did you save the replay as proof?

RSS