Your aim point is dependent on the reading the "correct flow of dots" in conjunction with green speed, elevation, and distance. If you have a 10F putt with a 60% flow then things look like 10*.6 = 6F aim point. Identifying the correct "flow %" is the hardest part.
Downhill putts are a bit tricky. What I like to do is add Xamount of "flow % (break)" which depends on the adjusted putt strength. I.e., Say I have a 10F putt which is 2 inches below my ball. That leaves me with an adjusted 8F putt on Tournament greens (just my tier speed, don't read anything more into this) which I need to hit 20% less from the original distance. So if that 10F putt has a "50% flow" I'll add 20% for a grand total of 70%. Now we have 10*.7 = 7F aim point.
With a 20F putt which is 6inches below my ball I'd be looking at around an adjusted distance of 10F on Tournament greens. So now we're hitting the ball with 50% less power than the shown distance. If we still have a "50% flow" you simply add 50% more (adjusted power) which leaves you "100% flow" or 20F aim point.
$hit seems weird I know. I had hell trying to learn the technique, however, once I was able to start reading the correct flow of dots a lot more putts started to sink. A good way to practice is on Bandon Dunes. Just hit to a green and keep wacking the ball around to you get a 10F putt. Then use the "JC Flow" method until the putts sink and take a few notes. After a while you'll start to recognize the speed of dots and correct flow.