rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 6 2014 12:57 PM (163 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 3:24 PM

RyjaTybas:

WTF!!!

WGT seems to be falling apart.

Someone earlier suggested that the CC/CC fiasco was a last desperate attempt to scoop up some money before the company goes bust...

Could it be true? 

I sure hope not.

This is a past time for me. I have established many virtual friendships, a few "real life" friendships and lets not forget a few "real enemies" but all that aside I do very much enjoy banging it around on the most realistic computer golf courses that are presently on the market. 

WGT is a good thing for the guys on the other side of the fence so to let this so called CASH COW fall by the wayside I think is just not going to happen but one thing I think all of us need to do ( INCLUDING MYSELF) is do a little less pissen and moanin and a lot more playing the game and being more supportive of WGT. I KNOW I'm going to get hell for that  statement but from this point on I'm going to do my gosh darn best to stop calling out WGT for every F-up that happens. I think all of us need to start and support each other and join together as a community. We will accomplish more by supporting each other then to debate each other every time someone makes a suggestion or a statement. This is overtheedge,,

• stevepsheehan
    2,791 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 3:35 PM

CanineSupervisor:
    Really? What makes you think WGT is in the Red?  Never. Not today,tomorrow or the next day is this company operating in the red. Stop Worrying.

That holds good all the while WGT have an effective monopoly, however, IF another company were to be watching the fiasco that is going on here, and decided to launch an equally good product, I do wonder just how many of us would be jumping ship - pretty sure WGT's bank balance wouldn't be quite so healthy then.

• RyjaTybas
    5,148 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 3:43 PM

overtheedge:
    I think all of us need to start and support each other and join together as a community.

I was all into the "community" before the Clash Fiasco - but something has gone wrong.

• tiger319
    1,186 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 3:48 PM

RyjaTybas:

spdemon:
    This game is only worth getting together and playing a round with friends anything else is futile 

+1

X2

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 4:09 PM

RyjaTybas:
    Well the longer this goes on without a resolution, the more bizarre the speculation will become

Ahh, but there was a resolution. The putter was awarded and the process got swept under the rug. They're not going to respond to anything anybody says or asks so we get the like it or lump it treatment.

Frustrating as hell............

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 4:39 PM

this reminds me of this:

or this:

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 8:33 AM

WGT getting  it  right?

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:16 AM

YankeeJim:

RyjaTybas:
    Well the longer this goes on without a resolution, the more bizarre the speculation will become

Ahh, but there was a resolution. The putter was awarded and the process got swept under the rug. They're not going to respond to anything anybody says or asks so we get the like it or lump it treatment.

Frustrating as hell............

Agreed. Worst fiasco in WGT history and they're just going to wait it out. It is disgraceful that they are letting the results and putter award stand. And unconscionable that after all this they still will not commit to improving their pre-release QA. Proper testing would have averted this entire incident.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 11:09 AM

FarFoo:

DodgyPutter:

So do you reckon the putter is worth about 2 strokes?

pre 'magic' putter
    10.08.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     57
    10.09.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     55
    10.11.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     56
    10.12.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     55

post 'magic' putter

10.14.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     51
    10.16.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     52

FFS

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 11:20 AM

SMH

IRISHPUNK:

FarFoo:

DodgyPutter:

So do you reckon the putter is worth about 2 strokes?

pre 'magic' putter
    10.08.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     57
    10.09.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     55
    10.11.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     56
    10.12.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     55

post 'magic' putter

10.14.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     51
    10.16.14     Cabo del Sol Full 18 Ready Go     Full 18     All Players     52

FFS

RSS