Forums

Help › Forums

Congratulations WGT! Ready-Go 10 Million Credits Milestone On Ready Go's - Almost

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 22 2010 9:45 AM (5 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 4:26 AM

Congratulations WGT!

I just wanted to acknowledge your successful milestone with the Ready-Go Tournaments that you rolled out last December, 2009.

Yesterday - October 21, 2010, you "rolled over" to the 10,000th R-G Tourney.  This means you have successfully "collected" 10,000,000 in credits from participating players - translates to $100,000 Gross (USD) - before Operating costs - Revenue for the site.  I think that is a success in anyone's book for what is just one segment of the business.

FOR US - this means more $$ for WGT to bring us more features, courses and surprises.  You have EARNED this success.  I am NOT a player who is of the opinion that WGT making a profit is a bad thing - especially considering that playing for Free is at the player's option - along with any elective spending.  I continue to hold the opinion that dollar for dollar vs. hours of entertainment that I have received  this site remains one of the lowest cost QUALITY web-based entertainment experiences out there.

The Ready-Gos...wildly successful and popular amongst the players - including myself.  I have learned to alternately love the games...or to loathe them.  Who can't recall their first encounter with "VERY SLOW"?  LOL

ONE NOTE:  Technically, I think you might not QUITE be there with the 10,000,000 Credits....I seem to recall the Tournament numbering MIGHT have started at 1000 ?  It's a technicality - but the point remains - it is a milestone.

Wishing continued success.  -  

AtlantaCoaster

(stuck with the name - though living in Easton, Pennsylvania since Feb. '10)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 5:17 AM

I think your math might be a little off AC. 10,000 dimes x 2 is all they're getting, assuming just 100 was bet on each match. Since this is a minimum bet there would be substantially more given not everybody plays for just the minimum but not 10 million. Then there's the payout.  :-)

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 5:25 AM

My Math:

100 Credits for each of 50 Players to ENTER a Ready-Go = 5,000 Credits

LESS the Total Purse of 4,000 CREDITS

1,000 CREDITS of Gross Profit for WGT for EACH Ready-Go Tourney translates to $10.00 Gross Revenue PER GAME.

$10.00 x 10,000 Ready-Gos Played = $100,000.00 Gross Revenue since December 2009 Inception

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 5:28 AM

My bad-you are correct. I was thinking MPC when I read that.  DOH!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 6:32 AM

Hmm.  I'd thought that they did more like 50 RG's per day, but I guess you're right.  Didn't even think to look at the RG ID's to figure out how many RG's they did.  Duh.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 9:45 AM

The Daily "volume" of Ready Gos was roughly (ROUGHLY) half what it is NOW for the first 4 or 5 months that they existed.  Originally they ran with a 24 Hour timeframe (from when the 50th Player joined/Closed the game) and also there were only 6 games per day (STA was not available yet) ....and at some point - I think in March or so - that modified the window to a 12 hour window....so the number of these games EACH DAY increased significantly after the change.  Thanks - AC

RSS