Forums

Help › Forums

COUNTRY CLUB GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT

Mon, Sep 18 2017 3:08 AM (839 replies)
  • AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 1:53 PM

Please hold on with the submission of the 4 players.

I will be publishing shortly a note on deadlines and how to handle player submissions.

-abq-

• RichJohn
    364 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 5:11 PM

I have a question about Phase 3 and CTTH.  I understand how match play works for singles and alternate shot but what is the format for match play in CTTH.  Does each player get a multiple shot at CTTH as they have the last 11 weeks of competition or is it a head to head one shot deal?If it is a one shot deal is there a way to take practice rounds to be better prepared?    I need to understand this prior to assigning my 4 players.  RichJohn, Captain Serenity

• jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 6:53 PM

RichJohn:

I have a question about Phase 3 and CTTH.  I understand how match play works for singles and alternate shot but what is the format for match play in CTTH.  Does each player get a multiple shot at CTTH as they have the last 11 weeks of competition or is it a head to head one shot deal?If it is a one shot deal is there a way to take practice rounds to be better prepared?    I need to understand this prior to assigning my 4 players.  RichJohn, Captain Serenity

This Phase is suppose to be head to head, but CTTH can't be played that way and will have to be played as a Blitz if head to head. Which means the scoring is different. What ever it is it can be practiced by using Blitz. You just may have to find someone to play with you so you can create the right conditions.

• RichJohn
    364 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 10:33 PM

Won't this be kind of funky since the scoring has bonus points etc and doesn't really score the same way CTTH does?

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 3:34 AM

Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that we are aware of your questions and concerns.

Please allow us some time and we will reply shortly.

-abq-

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 5:37 AM

There is something you could do to keep it CTTH if that is what is desired.  It won't be heads up, but it can be single play if you want it to be.

The club capt or the player selected could set up a CTTH tourney with the given conditions within there own CC and name it the Country Club Grand Prix CTTH. Can be made single play or unlimited. You could use screen shots or other means to prove it was set conditions. The score would then show up on the players history to be verified. I guess there would be sometrust and honor involved, but i don't really see that being an issue with this group of clubs

Just an idea, seeing, as someone already said, blitz would be scored slightly different with the bonuses

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:58 AM

Ehi guys wait please...........io and Alberto are consulting

Thx

Carlo

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 8:25 AM

I believe on every blitz card there is a summary which shows the distance from each hole. Just take a screenshot, and work out the CTTH score from this perhaps?

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:10 AM

Hello everyone, and sorry for the late reply.

This post will better detail how you will need to proceed during phase 3, so read carefully :-)

At the end of this week, Stage 2 will close, and the top 4 teams of each group will be admitted to the third and final stage.
    Due to the holidays, we will then take a break, and resume the tournament after all the hangovers and excessive food has been left behind.

The  Tournament will resume January 7th, after Epiphany Day.
    Well, you might not know, but this is a tradition of my Country, and we say "Epifania tutte le feste porta via" meaning that after Epiphany day (January 6th) all holidays are declared officially over :-) .. we also have a nice witch called Befana to remind us of such!

OK sorry for the OT and let's get back to the Tournament Rules for Phase 3:

You will have to chose and pick 4 players from your team, to compete in each of the 3 direct elimination rounds: Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Finals.

You will HAVE TO CHANGE a minimum of 2 players between rounds.
    This way if you want you can keep two of your players as "staples".
    There is no restriction on which match you assign the players, but you will have to assign 1 player for a Match Play game, 1 player for a "CTTH" game and 2 players for the Alternate game.

The Match Play game needs to be set up as ranked, and the conditions will be automatically set by WGT. 

The "CTTH" game will need to be a Blitz game "Tracked", Very Fast green and High wind.
    I know this is a bit different than the straight CTTH, but we believe this won't change so much from the original concept, and you will know right after you play what the outcome has been, plus it will show on your score history.

The AS Match Play game will need to be "Scored" and the conditions will be automatically set by WGT.

Starting January 7th you will need to declare the first 4 players for the Quarter Finals and also declare on what type of game they will play, and you and your opponent team will have 10 days to play your matches.
    There is no particular order in which to play: you can play the Single player MP first or the Alternate MP first, or more than one at the same time.
    All is good, as long as you declare your players and play within 10 days.
    If your team happen to play 2 games, and  win them both, there is no need to play the third game, but you can do so if you like. 

QUARTER FINALS

The pairings for the quarter finals will be the following:
    A) 1st of Group 1 vs 4th of Group 2
    B) 1st of Group 2 vs 4th of Group 1
    C) 2nd of Group 1 vs 3rd of Group 2
    D) 2nd of Group 2 vs 3rd of Group 1

The first team will need to create (host) the game.
    E.G. in match A, the first of Group 1 is the team that will create the game, and 4th of Group 2 is the team that will join the game. 

The venues for the quarter finals will be the following:
    Match Play---------------> Oakmont full 18
    Blitz------------------------> Celtic Manor Group 1
    Alternate MP------------> Best of Par4 full 18 

SEMI FINALS

AD) Winner of A   vs   Winner of D
    BC) Winner of B   vs   Winner of C

The venues for the semi finals will be the following:
    Match Play----------------> Merion full 18
    Blitz-------------------------> Pinehurst Group 1
    Alternate MP-------------> Best of Hardest Hole full 18

FINALS 

Winner of AD vs winner of BC
    Loser of AD vs Loser of BC 

Both final and bronze match will use the same venues
    Match Play-----------------> Pinehurst full 18
    Blitz--------------------------> Edgewood Tahoe

Alternate MP--------------> Olympic full 18

Hope now all is clear and will let you sleep well tonight :-) but if you have any question, just let me know on this thread.

-abq-

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:13 AM

For those who were asking, every Blitz/CTTH venue can be played solo or through a CC tournament, so you will definitely have the time to practice and improve before the stage 3 begins.

-abq-

RSS