Forums

Help › Forums

WGT - are you cheating non legends out of money/credits

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 13 2010 4:22 PM (3 replies)
  • Deccy180
    233 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 5:09 AM

17th 22ft putt slightly off striaght with a 3 downhill hit it 1/2 of my 30ft putter bar and ended up 5ft past the hole

18th 20ft putt slightly off straight with a 3 downhill hit it 1/2 of my 30ft putter bar and ended up 4ft short of the hole

how can this be :-( this is the only instance of this happening and it happen before at Kiawah Isalnd in both the Ready Go tourament i played in the greens played inconstient espeically on the front 9 which is more annoying because your playing for credits

I did hear a theory that it only happens to most players that aren't legends but certain players that are legends it dosent happen so that WGT will get more credits out of the non legends and more money :-(

scarys me to thing that it might actually be going on and the bugs in the game are csetup to give a massive advantage to the Legend of this game

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 7:14 AM

Legends are actually at a disadvantage when it comes to playing for credits, so you can throw that one out the window, sure in most cases they've been playing longer and are the better players, but they're also teeing off from farther back, with in most cases, the same clubs. You didn't mention what green speed you were playing on. 1st, you can't just look at the arrow at the hole to determine how much of a downslope/upslope there is, you need to track the arrow from the ball to the hole noting the changes in elevation. 3in downhill at the hole could also have 3 inches uphill at the beginning of the putt, so it could even out. The Kiawah front 9 ReadyGo is played on Championship speed greens, the fastest setting of the game. The Kiawah back 9 is played on Very Fast greens, 2 notches slower than the front 9 greens, so yes, they're going to be different.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 7:30 AM

Seeing as how the average number of legends in the top 10 for RG's is 4, leaving 6 spots for TM's and M's, I'm going to go with "No."

It does happen to non-legends a lot more, though.  Most of the legends that you'll see even bothering to enter RGs have their game nailed down tight, whereas most TMs and Ms do not.  We have to play perfect in order to overcome our disadvantage.

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 4:22 PM

Most of the players that are Legends have the distance control on putting really well sorted out. You have to understand properly what's happening on the green, and sometimes that only comes from experience, which Legends tend to have plenty of.

RSS