Forums

Help › Forums

System maintenance 6/10 11PM PT

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 11 2009 9:46 AM (6 replies)
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 10:40 AM

Heads up that the site will be down for 2-4 hours starting at 11PM PT tonight, June 10. We are performing routine maintenance and system performance improvements. We are not pushing out any new features in tonight's update. Thanks

• alohadude
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 2:42 PM

I am hoping yopu can fix some of the jumpyness on the swing bar. It drives me a little carzy with the lack of consistency. Is there anything that can be done from my end/

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 4:02 PM

Most of the time, the jerky swing meter is your system....

WGTadmin2:

Swing meter performance is tied directly to the local machine ram usage and cpu usage.  It is true that you can have no connect to WGT's servers and still see  swing meter stutter.  If there is an internet connection or WGT server issue, this would manifest itself as a pause after you have already made your shot and the swing meter action has already completed.  As mentioned above, a few thing WGT can optimize to assist in the swing meter performance is the decrease the memory and cpu usage on your local machine and correcting the invites is one of those steps. Thanks for caring - WGT

Please check the FAQs and the Video Turorials for optimizing your system.  Clearing the cache will help the most.

Also, it is very important to learn how to NOT make contact with the ball if the meter is going to jump around.  Just let the club swing through and it will look like you took a 'practice swing' with no penatly.

Hope this helps.

• Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 4:20 PM

ok it is now 7:17 pm eastern time got an error message during a game with while in multiplayer game with a real nice fella only to find out there was sysytem maintenencegoing on, did i miss the announcement or something,     

please realize some of us are only playing multiplayer and have no desire to play or finish a game alone, could we please be warned of such things ??

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 5:00 PM

The Server Maintenance has not started yet.... as of this writing, it starts in 6 hours form now.

• Baiken
    53 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 7:20 AM

I would like to say thank you for the maintenance WGT. Shots seem much smoother!

• TXBowhunter
    82 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 9:46 AM

Thanks for the maintenance.  Putting is still hyper sensitive....I will just need to learn to putt better.

RSS