Help › Forums

disconnect

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 22 2010 9:40 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • griff207
    4 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 10:37 AM

Why do you have to wait 5 minutes when a player disconnects when they are getting beat? If I disconnect while waiting it says I forfit. Only one time has the other player ever come back out of 15-20 times.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 11:51 AM

griff, it's just another priority for WGT.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 2:07 PM

I have to disagree with ya griff. I play match play regularly and the amount of times the game gets stuck is astonishing. I have had many matches which I have had to disconnect and reconnect due to glitches. I always return and would lose many matches for no reason if i have to concede every time i refresh the page

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 2:11 PM

Although i concede that there are some who make you wait in the 5 mins in hope of you forfeiting. But changing the system would punish many innocent people.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 6:55 PM

mohuyu:
    I have to disagree with ya griff. I play match play regularly and the amount of times the game gets stuck is astonishing

I have a cable ISP, and never get disconnected, except when a player quits. Match play produces a very small amount of quitters. Perhaps your ISP is not up to this game.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 10:04 AM

x1524807:
    Perhaps your ISP is not up to this game.

You maybe right. I've cleared my flash cache and am having much less loading problems but still get the occasional "freeze mid-swing". So I believe it is still unfair to penalise those who would've come back.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 7:00 PM

This is a problem that has just started happening to me.  Maybe had a total of 5 disconnects in a year plus on site but always able to get right back on.

Last 2 days I lost connection during challenge matches, but it was not my internet.  I could connect to every other site I tried just not WGT.  Then magically after the 5 minutes are up I could get right back in.  Very maddening.  Cost me 800 credits.

Caches cleared and all that jazz.  Tried several different browsers too.  All would connect to any site but WGT.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 4:19 AM

Book me in for a challenge match please Jake.:)

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 4:55 AM

It's his kiddo... the one on the left.  You see him holding his hand on the strings?  He's muting them... makes it impossible to play.  He's a troublemaker.  I bet next time your computer disconnects, if you quickly run to your router, he's sitting there with the removed cable still in his hand.

Oh yes, there will be a long trip to the timeout chair for that one.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 7:23 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    It's his kiddo... the one on the left.  You see him holding his hand on the strings?  He's muting them... makes it impossible to play.  He's a troublemaker.  I bet next time your computer disconnects, if you quickly run to your router, he's sitting there with the removed cable still in his hand.

Not my sweet angel boys Charle.  If they had anything to do with it they would have the router on the ground whle they took turns jumping on it until it was in 1000 pieces.  Bright side is at least they shared!

• PAGES
RSS