Forums

Help › Forums

Trnys

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 9 2009 5:25 PM (2 replies)
  • DeuceDragon
    16 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 4:10 PM

This has probably been posted before down the list somewhere but i would love to see nightly or even more consistant trnys.

The main kind of trny i ideally would like to see once WGT has get more pressing issues such as turbo tier level ups or general driver distance sorted is trnys that are immidiate such as:

Strokeplay trny that starts say every every hour ideally but maybe every 2 hours, and when the trny starts at say 8pm everyones round starts at that time and is played as either 2,3 or 4 balls, 1 round trny that plays to a conclusion with live scoreboard updates(so u can see if u need to play it safe or try and nail those pins), the 1 trny would be open to all tiers of players all playing off the same tees but would use a handicapping system based on tiers(once they are more realistic of skill level),

This kind of trny i would be more than happy to purchase credits to play in, say 50credit(just an arbitrary number from my head) entry fee for all players the majority of which creates the prize pool, maybe putting some aside for an Ace pool.

I think that this kind of basic trny is lacking in WGTs infrastucture atm and since i believe most people enjoy a challenge with a reward at the end i believe that this would attract even more people to join this game. Once this kind of trny is instituted it opens up a huge realm of new possibilites for WGT and its players:

For the players:

1. on demand trnys for those that like to compete
    2. chance to get those all important credits to upgrade gear
    3. opens the possibilty of leagues, tours etc. etc.

For WGT:

1. increased revenue from credit sales for trny entries
    2. option to increase the pro shops selection to get people spending those credits and since many will want great gear without having to win a trny its win win
    3. chance to create winners clothing for players to aspire to having increasing trny entries and thus credit sales
    4.  think people will be more than willing to pay credits for a live trny where they feel the pressure as oppose to a trny that lasts a week or a month where u play the round by yourself.

Thats just my 2 cents as to how the game could be vastly improved in the longer run

Deuce

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 4:56 PM

Hey Deuce,

Some good suggestions, however, this is not Poker.  It takes at minimum 30-40 minutes for 2 people to complete a multi-player 9 hole round and you can pretty much double that for 4 people.  So the time base may be a little tight.  Also, I can't imagine the server load that would take place the instant that 50-100 or more people in a tournament would generate (all starting at the same time).  A Poker client is usually installed and resident on the end users PC so there is relativly little load time involved.  This site (although much of it is cached) needs to download a lot more info just to get started.  And probably just as much in between shots.

Perhaps if they ever convert to a downloadable client that will run on the users PC, this will be more possible, but I don't really see it for the near future.

Lee

• DeuceDragon
    16 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 5:25 PM

Regarding your 1st point about time constrants, the reason i advocate the trnys starting at such intervals is that say you get home at 8:05pm, you have missed the start of the trny and would u prefer to wait 1-2 hours for a trny to start or a much longer period?, the trnys would want to run with enough regularity that they are available to play without having to make sure u are online at X time.

with  regards to the server load i agree with you that at this point the servers could not handle it but i think i did mention my origional post that this is a more long term view of what i would like to see and i suppose it depends on the future WGT has in mind for its game, whilest it is nice that you dont have to download a client i dont think that people would mind having to do so if they enjoy the game although it does put some restraints in place, regards the server capacoty in my humble opinion having this kind of trny would increase the games popularity as people are in general competative there-in investing in server/s that could handle the load would be a long term investment in the hopeful success of the game.

For now thou i agree it is unlikely, but since most problems/suggestions regarding the game in the short term i have seen on the forums several times i thought i would post what would really make the game a winner for me(and i hope others) and keep me playing for an extended duration.

Deuce

RSS