Forums

Help › Forums

Hitting the driver - worst part of the game....

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 11 2009 6:21 AM (7 replies)
  • MillzRM88
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 9:07 PM

I really enjoy playing this game and it is very realistic but a driver that only goes 225 is ridiculous to say the least.  Every golf game I have ever played allows you to increase your distance either by practice or by purchasing new clubs.  Eventually you always to up to 275,300, 325, etc.  All the other clubs have realistic distances, why is the driver so poor?  It almost makes me not want to play.  I am trying to play the virtual US Open and I cant even hit the hit the fairway on 2 or 3 holes when I have a perfect shot..  Then it takes me several extra hit just to get into the fairway.

• WillOsiris
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 4:16 AM

I would suggest purchasing a new driver...I have the same problem but am off to buy myself a new one and try the course again.

• vanguard56
    40 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 6:24 AM

buy a new driver as in the r9 one of the best drivers on the market but u will still only hit the ball 245 on avg.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 6:38 AM

Hi All,

I can assure you that if you purchase the new Taylor r9 driver you will be able to drive the ball a lot further. I have just invested in it and I am starting to get the hang of it.

Yes the average may be 245 - however that is ample. It will certainly make a big difference to your round and you should - with PRACTICE - be able to shave a few shots off your total.

A word of caution though - it will require you to practice to gain the benefit. It requires a lot more concentration to hit it properly, but with a bit of luck and a good following breeze you should be able to hit it 260 +

As I've mentioned on previous posts - you cant have everybody driving the ball 300 Yards. It would make the game to easy. It is a game therefore there are always checks and balances. I think they have got it just about right. The cut for the US Open is going to be about par. Which I think is pretty realistic - BB is not a course you are going to carve up - far from it. It is difficult, but a great challenge.

Get the r9 driver and get practicing.

Cheers Doug

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 9:46 AM

Dork you ever considered going into advertising. Hahahahahaha!!!! Only part missing was "Taylormade, numer 1 driver in golf". The starter driver does suck. Upgrading is a good idea.

• monkeyass
    31 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 6:56 PM

I think that we should be able to carry 250 and let wind and enviroment hinder or help that number.  I think that is pretty fair.  It will still make some par 4s and par 5s unreachable at BPB.  What do I know though...

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 7:48 AM

Well monkey's asses generally dont know too much....LOL! Just playing. I agree with you. Although if I pop my burner good with little or not help from the wind it generally rolls out to about the 250yd neighborhood. I hear the R9 pops it a little further, but il stick with what i got.

• chiefgotch
    14 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 6:21 AM

The whole problem of hitting a driver is the fact that if you hit it good you should be able to get

a lot more than 225 yards out of any driver.  i am only a 20 handicap in real life and average between

250-260 off the tee.  Also, the wind effect is ridiculour, especially into the wind.  In this game hitting

into a 10 mph wind and you can't hit the starter driver 200 yards.  I play golf in West texas (winds are constant

15 - 25 mph) and they don't effect your long clubs anywhere near like it does in this game. Bottom line is

the swing is what counts and not the equipment.  Equipment adds a little bit of help, but if you hit

the driver or any other club perfect you should get comparable distance.  not a gap of 25 yards or

more less because you aren't hitting one of the drivers you have to buy.  be realistic

Bottom

RSS