Fri, Oct 8 2010 7:20 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 5:02 PM

UniBooboo:
    your not going to get a virus while your playing

If your tiger woods you might....

depends on who your partner is though...

uggh.. sorry guys that joke was so 3 months ago

UniBooboo:
    I just see meter glitches as another part of the game I have to master, and I must say I have gotten pretty good at stopping myself from pressing the button when it dose happen.  It is like a Major League Baseball player laying off a curve ball, at first it looks like a good pitch, then he spots it curving out and refrains from swinging.  

I like that analogy.

But, when it's happening frequently, it really gets you off your game.

The thing I have the most problem with is the graphic "stuttering" during the roll of a put or after any shot. Really breaks my rhythm, and especially on putting - I'm seeing incomplete information and can't figure out what I did wrong - since I only saw about 50 instead of 150 frames of the putt. This is my biggest problem here, the meter just sucks sometimes - but my really bad rounds are all me...

I really need a new video card - and also I had a stick of RAM go FUBAR on me.. so my machine is a little hobbled. Hopefully will upgrade soon, but I'm stupid broke - my meter glitched when I filled out my taxes a few years ago and owe my Uncle a metric $#!^ ton of cash  .. ha h ha h ah ah ah h ah ha ha ha ha ha ha... err actually that's not funny...

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 5:04 PM

ooops...

sorry I forgot to say....

GO PHILLIES!

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 5:08 PM

andyson:

Tiffer have you tried setting the affinity of the browser and flash processes to a single "CPU" in your new desktop as outlined in the post here?  Flash appears to not play nice with  multi-threading on new dual core processors.

Yes Andyson I do indeed do that as well, lol. Anything that appears on these forums I tend to adopt.

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 6:13 PM

I started using the "waggle".

Move your cursor around on the swing meter until it moves smoothly, no jerkiness.

If your upswing has a stutter, let it go.

Basically, make sure it is settled before you try to swing.

• Rickypro
    559 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 7:11 PM

andyson:

Tiffer have you tried setting the affinity of the browser and flash processes to a single "CPU" in your new desktop as outlined in the post here?  Flash appears to not play nice with  multi-threading on new dual core processors.

I have done this the past 2 rounds and my meter has been smooth every shot.  The hitches in the backswing animation were not even there the past 2 rounds.  I hope it is not my imagination because it has been silky smooth.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 7:20 PM

Rickypro:
    I have done this the past 2 rounds and my meter has been smooth every shot.  The hitches in the backswing animation were not even there the past 2 rounds.  I hope it is not my imagination because it has been silky smooth.

Good to hear Ricky.   I still get the occasional stutter in multi-player rounds but i can't remember the last time the meter lagged in single play.

• PAGES
RSS