Forums

Help › Forums

Driving Distance??? HELP!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 8 2009 4:21 PM (3 replies)
  • donkeysonly
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2009 9:50 AM

I bought the set of Ping drivers and clubs, but my distances haven't improved very much.

I mean what player hits the ball perfectly and only drivers it 230?  What am I doing wrong?

It isn't a lack of practice, if you hit it perfectly shouldn't you be able to hit the ball 275+?

Anyhelp or suggestions would REALLY be appreciated!

Thanks!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2009 12:27 PM

if you had taken a look at the comparison charts when you were buying clubs, you would have seen that their are not any drivers in the game right now that are rated above 240.

• kristian27
    8 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 3:30 PM

what you can try to do is find the right spot to hit it on.  Try to land the ball on a downslope with maximum front spin.  This will give you 5-10 yards, but you have to judge your shot perfectly.

• BleedMarshall
    26 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 4:21 PM

In real life you can take a driver, any driver, and hit 300+ yards easy on a range or course, and since this game has touted itself as the most realistic game on the web...

*EDIT*

What I have found that does help is this. When the wind is say 12 mph going NW...adjust the path a bit more to the right than you normally would, hit the ball/stopping the swing meter just at/before the perfect mark, i.e. left of dead center. This allows, or seems to allow, the ball to float some and give it a bit more distance. I can't take all the credit for this tip since I read it in another post, hit the practice course and tried it out. Took a few hits and restarts, but it does seem to help.

RSS