Forums

Help › Forums

abandoning running game round

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 8 2009 9:02 AM (5 replies)
  • SonnyR
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2009 4:42 AM

I sugest to add an option where all players can see how many times other player have abandon running game playing versus a group. This is often when someone scores +too many pts ,  it piss me off and I think something should be done to prevent this. I want to have a choice when choosing a player and know how many games did he abandomed in past. It will improve the quality of group games.

What do You think?

Sorry for my language mistakes, Im not native english

• Vwald37
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2009 7:59 PM

Great suggestion, and desperately needed if WGT wants to retain players.  Quitters have pretty much ruined group play.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2009 8:42 PM

I don't mind quitters so much.. if I'm having a good round I can just keep on playing.  It's really no big deal.

The one thing that REALLY REALLY yanks my chain is sanbaggers and cheaters... you know the type.. Just joined like a week ago and their very first round is in the low 30s...  Every ranked round in Bethpage Black in the 30s for someone who just created an account less than 7 days ago.  Now these ppl are ruining the game, don't you think, Vwald?

Cheaters have pretty muched ruined group play / tourney play ... no?

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2009 8:59 PM

Hi Guys,

I think you are getting to hung up about people quitting rounds - what do they gain anyway??? Protecting a ranking that doesnt really mean that much anyway???

On BB there is no practice facility so I dont have any issues with players pulling the plug on 18 or where ever. You are really practicing, but its a ranked round. On KW Island its different - there is a practice facility.

My suggestion is that Multiplays should not be classed as ranked rounds at all. Leave then right out of it.

Lets face it they are just for fun, or is a tournament run by some of the players themselves.

So - if someone pulls the plug on  you, just save the game and carry on later, if thats what you want to do.

But it really isnt worth losing any sleep over

Cheers Doug

• Vwald37
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 6:29 AM

The point is not that they are quitting and therefore protecting their rating.  God knows nobody really gives two craps about rating.  It's meaningless.  The truly ridiculous thing is that quitter ruin the group play.  If you want to quit, go play on your own where your actions won't affect others.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 9:02 AM

I'm at a party sipping a mojito, chatting it up with a sultry young lady.  She sees another guy, flags him down and leaves our ongoing conversation instantly.  That's the feeliong I get when someone leaves a multi-player game.  Oh, I fully understand why they are doing it.  I quit in the middle of rounds playing by myself. Wondering if WGT can give the user an option to record a score or not... so there's no temptation to quit?

RSS