Help › Forums

System maintenance 6/4 11PM PT

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 5 2009 10:41 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 3:33 PM

Hi everyone, heads up that we will be performing system maintenance tonight at 11PM PT, and we may be down for up to 4 hours (hopefully shorter than that).

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 3:59 PM

Cool!  I'm feelin' 300 yard drives coming...

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 4:05 PM

Tonight's update is minor. The changes to the tees and clubs that drive farther will come towards the end of the month. Here are the expected changes tonight:

• Multiplayer games should no longer freeze and crash after one player drops out
    • Database update for performance improvement
  • DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 4:50 PM

Great! Maybe I will be able to out drive Tiger Woods!! (laughing)

• Foss
    15 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 7:34 PM

I would just like a resonable shot at a par round.

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 8:34 PM

Will the updates to the clubs affect ones we've already bought or will we have to buy new ones?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 9:05 PM

There are no updates to clubs.  Read Alex's 2nd post again.

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 4:34 AM

Admin said the changes to tees and clubs that would drive farther would come near the end of the month...  I was just inquiring whether those changes would effect clubs we already bought or if we would have to buy new ones.  Is that so hard to understand?  I'm one of the people who paid for clubs that barely upgraded the distance I can hit and I don't know if it would be fair to make my buy new ones again.  That's all I was asking...  I understand they were just trying to update and work out some flaws right now.  Read the entire

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 7:57 AM

WGT Alex

Be very careful with these future club upgardes for more distance. We cant have everybody driving 300 meters of the tee, would make it all to easy. Your going to have to make something else infinitely more difficult to balance it back up again.

All the complaints about not driving the ball far enough, or not reaching fairways can be cured by the purchase of 1 driver for the total cost of $7.50  !! FACT

So - be very very careful here. I dont hear the top players complaining to much????

Just my thoughts

Cheers Doug

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 9:34 AM

At the moment I don't have the details of the new clubs coming out. The idea behind this though is not to have an uber-club that drives far for a price, but to make available premium equipment that only higher tier players can access. This may apply not just to clubs but other virtual items in the future.

• PAGES
RSS