Forums

Help › Forums

Pin Positions

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 29 2009 5:08 PM (8 replies)
  • LitigateThis
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 8:20 AM

Will pin positions on the Kiawah Island course be changing in future weekly and monthly tournaments? 

I understand the need to keep the pins the same while tournaments are still open to preserve the integrity of the field, but when new tournaments begin, having new pin positions would make for very interesting gameplay and would keep the courses fresh.

In addition, I'd like to add another voice behind having an "additional power" bar that would allow for potentially longer shots.  This additional power could be offset by making the accuracy of the shots more sensitive to shots that miss the accuracy bar at the bottom of the swing.

Best regards,

LitigateThis

• LitigateThis
    9 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 8:20 AM

I'm bumping this because I didn't get any response...

Will pin positions stay the same on each hole or will they be moving around in subsequent tournaments?

• Decarz2
    24 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 8:25 AM

What do you mean by I'm bumping this? It takes time for people to respond. You gotta be patient.

I was wondering if the pin positions would change too. So i'm right along with you.

Decarz2

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 4:32 PM

Yes, this is something that we are working on, but it won't be available in the imminent future.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 6:46 PM

Posted a copy in Power Meter thread.

LitigateThis:
    In addition, I'd like to add another voice behind having an "additional power" bar that would allow for potentially longer shots.  This additional power could be offset by making the accuracy of the shots more sensitive to shots that miss the accuracy bar at the bottom of the swing.
    Reminds me of Mean 18.  In Accolade's game from the mid 80's, the swing bar had a yellow zone which was beyond optimum swing power. 

It was easy to stop at 100%, +/-  a tolerance factor, for a controlled and accurate swing, but a player had the option to let the swing indicator go beyond optimum for faster clubhead speed, which resulted in greater yardage and greater potential for an errant shot.

As I recall, the vertical stripe, as in WGT, was actually two stripes which would begin some distance apart at the start of the swing.  As the power was increased, those two stripes would move toward each other until they became one.

At optimum swing power, there would remain a small gap between them - the strike zone.

At max power, there would be a single line or a tiny gap.

• jakalaka2424
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 12:14 AM

I totally agree with this!

just like real golf they always change up the pin positions. i would love to have new pins in the weekly tournaments

as it would make it so much interesting and keep the courses fun. as i agree with litigate this.

i hope to see this in the future in this game as it will make a big improvement with the game as already i love it :]

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 8:50 AM

I'd like to suggest for WGT.com to make this a priority, i.e. let pin positions change each time you enter a practice round, multiplayer game, etc. I believe this is even more needed than new courses to play on. Because if pins positions change all the time, well, you're pretty much playing a different course every time. Simply varying wind speeds is not enough.

If this game's ambition is to approach realism, the one thing that strikes me as its most un-realistic feature nowadays, are not the driver distances everyone keeps complaining about, but that the pins locations never change.

It struck me while I was watching the real US Open on TV recently. I thought, "Wow, this is just like the online game!" Except: pins locations kept changing, making the tournament so much more fun to follow every day.

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 11:20 AM

Changing Pin placement normally happens over a 4 day tournament....  with a cut after the second round.  I think it would be great to have a 4 round tournament where this would happen.....  changing pin locations.....  having a cut line.....  and it would make this more like the PGA....  Having one round tournaments is fine and fun, but immagine having a 4 round professional tourney here....  Well, we'll see how the changed pin locations goes in the future...

• tiger9919
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 5:08 PM

I agree bigtime.  Playing to the same pins gets extremely boring after a while, especially numbers 9 and 18 (I hate those pins).  Changing the pin positions weekly for tournaments would be a great idea.  The concept of having Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert pins (like in EA Sports Tiger Woods PGA Tour)  would greatly improve this game.

RSS