Forums

Help › Forums

Reset NON-vital stats

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 4 2009 5:00 PM (5 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 6:12 AM

WGT,

In light of the recent discussions about resetting stats, I understand the complications/controversies that may arise from a wholesale reset, so I would like to request that you please reset all of my stats that do not have any bearing on tier determination.  Or for anyone else that is interested, provide a reset button so that we can clear it ourselves from time to time. 

The reason I am asking is that one of the tools that I like to use to improve my game is statistical analysis.  The stats that are in my profile right now are useless to me as they have been accumulated over many months of play, numerous revisions and club upgrades.  Ideally I would want to reset these stats every time something major changes, and a reset button sounds like it would be a pretty easy change.  It would also give the players a choice individually as to whether they want to keep their old stats.

Once again, this does not have anything to do with tier determination, so any other player that feels the same as I do, speak up and let's be heard.

Lee

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 6:27 AM

Yes, please!

As someone who is rapidly approaching 1000 rounds of ranked games, I have to fully agree with you on this.   I can literally max out every hole for 4 full 18 hole rounds straight, and besides my average, all my other stats will barely move.   And yes, I have done something similar to that just to see.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 10:52 AM

Great suggestion, we will look into a way to let you track your own stats for a specific time period.  However based on the enourmous amount of data in the system this feature will take awhile to implement if it is not too difficult.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 11:11 AM

You could also add in a '2009' category drop down, so career stats can continue to be accumulated whilest accumulating a whole new set of stats for this year.

But I agree with the amount of changes that happen around here, a personal reset at any time button would be cool too.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 11:17 AM

Or a drop down for specific courses would be nice too.  Since the two courses you have are night and day!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 5:00 PM

Yeah, it'd be nice if they added some options to that drop down menu in the profile stats page.   Otherwise, what's the point of a drop down menu. :)

RSS