Help › Forums

Frustrated!!!! HELP WGT!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 3 2009 12:33 PM (7 replies)
  • grundygolf
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 8:47 PM

All –

I know that most have commented on the same concerns that I have about WGT. But I feel it is time to add my two cents....

Okay... so like many others that enjoy WGT, I purchased new clubs. The sweet spot is smaller, not true in real golf. The swing meter too quick, this has messed up my score. Inconsistency is the most consistent part of this game, in my opinion.

I love the graphics and the options to purchase clubs; however, if you buy new clubs it should be more forgiving, not less. Also, I went from Hack to PRO overnight, how did that happen? If PRO means more wind then the tech guys got it right!! The wind is ridiculous, 12 miles/hour in your face? What’s the point in buying clubs since the wind makes it very difficult to control the drives? Distance is way off, as most par 4 holes it takes three shots just to get on the green. No chance for a birdie put in most cases!!!!

The game needs major overhauls. I am not the best computer game player, and I will admit that for sure. BUT some of my great friends signed on to WGT, enjoyed for a bit, then purchased clubs, made PRO tier quickly (not fun anymore or consistent with the way we play), and are quickly getting annoyed to say the least. Most of them are even thinking about quitting the game. I am trying to keep their interest up but feel that the individuals that control the details need to do change many aspects mentioned above in a hurry!!!! I am not one to compare, but if anyone has played Tiger Woods golf, no comparison in consistency. Tiger Woods Golf is consistent and realistic at least.

Also, one of my friends said he posted a comment on here and the techs scolded him for his comments. They said “this is only your opinion, not the opinions of others.” Well, it is not the opinion of one person To Whom It May Concern. Actually, the majority of people (every time that I create a group) complain every time I start a group!

UPDATE NEEDED ASAP!! I am not sure how much longer I can promote WGT!!!!

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 9:54 PM

Hi grundy, thanks for your comments. We are reading all of the comments and suggestions here and we are discussing the feedback points. These opinions will be taken into account as we let people settle into the recent changes and plan our upcoming releases.

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 11:22 PM

well its time to make a change already.

Main issues that need addressed immediatly since people are paying for equipment L

Putting Meter is out of wack

Distance of clubs are juvenile

ball spin

wind higher as you get better? dumb

regardless what people say, distance distance distance, realistic hole lengths deserve realistic shots

im really starting to hate this game and am deeply pissed that i wasted money on clubs that made me worse. last time i bought clubs in real life they improved my game, since they were fitted and a much improved version over my previously 9 yr old clubs.

WAKE UP WGT - people are paying and no one is providing anything but added stress.

• Ketner
    49 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 11:23 PM

as well, i know i know. beta beta beta, then dont charge or atleast have someone else come up with ideas, whoever is currently making the decisions is doing more damage than good.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 1:14 AM

Hi All,

Just a quick few words from me.

I basically disagree here - sorry. I have played Tiger Woods 99 and PGA Tour etc etc and from my point of view there is no comparison. They fall woefully short of this true virtual golf experience. They are not in the same league - they are far to easy in my opinion.

and - they cost $$$$$ and after 12 months, you chuck them in the drawer and  you never play them again.

Yes, there are issues that need to be addressed. It is Beta, however dont think that eventually when it goes gold (or is released ) that that will fix all the problems. How many computer games get released and are then followed by patch after patch.

WGT is the real deal - this is not a game, this is about as real as it gets. Yeh - its difficult, frustrating - just like the real thing!! The only differnce here is that you cant snap your clubs over you're knee :-)

Keep practicing

Cheers Doug 

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 8:07 AM

Can we add the chipping is ridiculous. Unless you are just off the green it is near impossible to get balls out of the rough from a few feet back...even when I change to pitch or another option is screws me and I just hack it in the grass. I was having my best round ever at BPB and on two holes this horrible feature ruibned my game.

• BOBBYSANZ
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 9:48 AM

Just to add to this, is it really possible for a green to be so fast and have angle to the degree that you can miss a 1 foot tap in? by a foot if you hit the ball straight? I have never encounterd this in real life well maybe on the pirate ship hole at putt putt but i don't think the point of this game is for pirates or is it?

• BleedMarshall
    26 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 12:33 PM

The game has many problems. I am not truly unhappy since I still play, but what has been said is true from my standpoint as well. In my house there are three people that play from two computers, through a router. We all see the same problems.

Distance...

Inconsistant at best. Shots fall short with higher winds at our backs, and at times go farther with less wind. The ball slices with perfect shots and wind at our backs. The clubs fall way short with wind at our backs too. A hybrid [190 yrd.] will only go 160 t times with a perfect shot. At Pro your distance should go up, as it should with each level up you make. Not down.

Chipping...

All wrong at times. 50% lie and you chip up only 2 yards with a full, perfect swing, and you are using a PW. Shots roll off crazy when the green is sloped/angled the opposite direction, and at 10 yards or less no wind will effect a shot that much unless it is gail force.

Putting...

The ball will roll way left or right for no reason, no matter how it is hit. The ball will roll right over the cup at times, and I mean right over the cup. Not around it, but OVER it. The ball will lip and shot back around to you when there is no way for that to happen from 2 inches out unless you stop the meter way short, but again we have hit the shots perfect.

There are more problems than this, but some of them I , and the others in my house, will contribute this to game glitches and 'realistic inconsistancies'. These things need attention and need to be addressed. From what I have read alone from the forums at least 75% of the posters are having these same problems. Make the game as it should be. Not easy as anything no, but problems are problems Beta, Gold, Platnium or what.

RSS