Forums

Help › Forums

New 18 holecourse

Sun, Dec 14 2014 1:09 PM (76 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 8:35 AM

jigglybutt:

Another par 3 course.... meh. Be nice to see a full course with more than par 3's. Just saying. 

Pebble Beach should be in the can by now.  :-)

http://www.wgt.com/members/misterwgt/default.aspx

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 9:01 AM

YankeeJim:

jigglybutt:

Another par 3 course.... meh. Be nice to see a full course with more than par 3's. Just saying. 

http://www.wgt.com/members/misterwgt/default.aspx

I checked his activity..looks like they'been there over a month ago!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 10:55 AM

ShadyShank:

Also, please forgive my extreme lack of knowledge on the names of the different moderator's here. I understand it is my responsibility to have researched that thoroughly, considering the post I referred to talked up WGT like it was the CEO writing it their-self.

Well, it ain't exactly rocket science, their user names all start with WGT. 

Pop quiz time.  Which of these is a WGT staff member?

1. WGTicon

2. BillyNobody

Wanna take a guess?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 3:35 PM

MBaggese:
    I checked his activity..looks like they'been there over a month ago!

Ya, quietly working behind the scenes, letting Pinehurst garner the attention and keep the masses mollified. The question is, when would be the reasonable time to release it? Heretofore, courses came out when there was a reason-i.e., the Opens. Since they're not playing the BO there, when do you suppose we'll see it?

Interesting thought-what do you suppose takes priority here-the mulitplayer troubles lately  or a new course? Might explain the delay in fixing it.

@MM-I'm going to make an educated guess and assume only WGT staff are allowed to have WGT in their names so I guess WGTicon.  LOL

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 5:12 PM

I was wondering the same thing..(the release of it)...that said, WGT has stated it takes about 6 months to release a course...minimum would be October I'd guess, unless the OT is kicking in at HQ.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Mon, May 26 2014 11:29 AM

From the WGT Tournament page, Bandon Dunes has been pushed way down and PB is removed altogether now. So it wont be anytime soon for either of these and it seems like nothing else forthcoming anytime soon. enjoy Pinehurst, just wish CC's could use it and the CTTH there as well.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 26 2014 2:03 PM

Stryder1261:
    So it wont be anytime soon for either of these and it seems like nothing else forthcoming anytime soon.

Check MisterWGT's page. They already shot PB. Doubt they're going to sit on it.

• why9
    907 Posts
    Mon, May 26 2014 2:31 PM

YankeeJim:

Now that is exciting .

Really figured It wouldn't be till the 2019 us open . 

Thx for the heads up .

(*¿*) ,lll

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 5:58 PM

MainzMan:
    Well, it ain't exactly rocket science, their user names all start with WGT. 

No, you're right, it's not rocket science. But, if you've spent any time on different internet forums or blogs, you would know that a username does not signify a thing on the vast majority of them. In fact, this is the only site I've ever frequented where moderators DO use the site name as part of their username.

Not to mention, if I never noticed it before and no one ever told me about it, how is it that you would expect anyone to correctly determine if a person is a moderator or not minus that information? May not be rocket science but it's at least algebra missing a variable or two.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Wed, Dec 3 2014 8:33 AM

6 Months and still waiting !  It's in the can alright !

RSS