Forums

Help › Forums

Bethpage The Toughest of Tests - You Bet

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 3 2009 12:28 PM (1 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 12:51 AM

Just thought I would add this post just to let people know just how tough this golf course really is in real life, and so it should be in our Virtual World.

The US Open was held at for the first time at Bethpage Black in 2002. Tiger Woods won it with a 4 round total of -3.

He was the ONLY PLAYER in the tournament to post a 4 round total UNDER PAR - OK !! That just indicates how tough this golf course really is. Tiger is also one of the longest hitters on the tour. So - you cant reach the fairways off the tee - thats only the start of it, there's many more problems you're going to have to face on this brute of a course before you put any kind of reasonable score up. You cant just tee up and expect to simply hit all the fairways straight up - unrealistic. You couldnt do it in real life - you cant do it here either.

Yes - it is only a game, I realise that - but it has to be reasonably realistic, and I think they have done a great job.

Keep up the good work WGT

• monkeyass
    31 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 12:28 PM

I am all for a little more distance, but to say this is a game and because you know that I can't do it in real life, I shouldn't be able to do it here, is a little rediculous.  Because the game looks real and we are playing from tournament tees and conditions, why shouldn't we be able to play better than the worst PGA tour player?  The worst PGA tour player averages about 250-260 yards.  I think that is reasonable.  I don't need to hit the ball 350+ yards, but playing on the hardest PGA tour course, I think we should play better than the worst PGA tour players.  Especially after paying for clubs on a free "beta" game.  If this wasn't supposed to be a sim, than it should look more like hot shots golf IMO.

To be clear, I love WGT and probly wont stop playing.

RSS