Forums

Help › Forums

Monthly Contest Parameter Changes

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 1 2009 6:32 AM (1 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 2:40 PM

It's the last day of the month, so my point is acedemic only.

I find the fact that you changed the wind pattern sets on these competitions a week before they end very aggravating and somewhat inappropriate, considering we had been playing with certain known wind pattern sets on those holes up until the 25th. 

Normally I wouldn't give a damn about the winds shifting constantly, but we had been playing within certain parameters for these competitions, and then you changed those parameters in the middle of the contests.  Scores were recorded and patterns were well known and definable for certain characteristics.  There simply isn't time now to learn the nuances of the changes and be as competitive as before the 25th.

Just a note to WGT that in the future, it would be far more appropriate to leave whatever parameters you begin a competition with in place for the entire month, as to avoid issues of imbalance and unfairness.

P.S.  Oh yeah, forgot that you changed the parameters of some of the clubs as well.  My TS clubs had known distances for certain shots and now those have changed as well.  Also not appropriate mid-month.

• Pressto
    56 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 6:32 AM

I just attempted the 9 hole Kaiwah course with my tour start set and shot a +2.

The game seems to think I am a "Master" because I shot a couple of good rounds from the Hack tees after I bought my tour starter set, but with the new wind and tee's with me being a "master" there is no way I am going to be able to shot a half way decent round so I will not bother playing these any more.

Before the change I was fighting to get my handicap to below 70 after getting moved to the amateur tees and it has now shot up to 78, yet the game still thinks I am a "master".

I have also noticed on the closest to the hole contest my clubs no longer go the distances they state. As an example I use to hit my 142 7 iron on the 1st hole of the Kaiwah that is 140 and unless I have a tailwind this club is short now. I am also getting crazy wind pushes with 3mph winds now.

I know you are looking into the issue with the new skill levels and hope this gets fixed, because the game is starting to be unplayable for me to be able to get a good score.

RSS