Forums

Help › Forums

Home nation reminder

Sun, Mar 30 2014 1:53 AM (3 replies)
  • Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 12:33 AM

I thought it may be useful to remind some people of the recent announcement that as of 1st April players will no longer be allowed to change their displayed nation without proof. (What type of proof was never clarified). At the time of the announcement the threads deteriorated into a general furore and we were 'warned' that due to this there would be no further 'announcements' like this.

So, if you want to display either your 'real' home flag or a different one for whatever reason, assuming that announcement is still extant, you have a bit under 4 days to do so.

My apologies to WGT if you did intend to remind everyone but from what you said in those last threads, combined with the way they deteriorated I'm assuming you didn't.

To those that allowed those other threads to deteriorate into a slanging match, please don't do that with this one. Let's just allow the forum users to read this and take whatever action they see fit. 

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 1:41 AM

Chinajohn:

I thought it may be useful to remind some people of the recent announcement that as of 1st April players will no longer be allowed to change their displayed nation without proof. (What type of proof was never clarified). At the time of the announcement the threads deteriorated into a general furore and we were 'warned' that due to this there would be no further 'announcements' like this.

So, if you want to display either your 'real' home flag or a different one for whatever reason, assuming that announcement is still extant, you have a bit under 4 days to do so.

My apologies to WGT if you did intend to remind everyone but from what you said in those last threads, combined with the way they deteriorated I'm assuming you didn't.

To those that allowed those other threads to deteriorate into a slanging match, please don't do that with this one. Let's just allow the forum users to read this and take whatever action they see fit. 

nice gesture john, but they've already implemented it on last night's update

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Fri, Mar 28 2014 1:53 AM

gmaster007:

nice gesture john, but they've already implemented it on last night's update

So it would appear, thanks for the update.

So WGT actually lied on the original (now deleted) thread where they said 1st April. Good job I had no intention of changing my flag / nation.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 1:53 AM

Yep,  I've come unstuck.    I fully intended to revert back to my UK flag before April 1st,  but I'm now stuck in the US.

I guess as I've verified my account, WGT will now make the changes for me.

RSS