Help › Forums

DISCUSSION: Stats/Score/Ranking Re-set.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 4 2009 10:36 AM (41 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 12:55 PM

Ladies, gentlemen and WGT staff...

~~This is a DISCUSSION post.  Should you wish to vote YES or NO, AYE or NAY, please visit the POLL post.  Votes here will NOT be counted in the tally.~~

I think, after reading Tibbets de-railed post the other day, that he has hit upon an idea who's time has come.

With the changes to the tiers, the changes to the clubs, the changes in the multi-player courses... 

And with the US Open qualifying sending everyone's scores sky-rocketing to damned near orbital status... 

And the fact that many players are protecting their rankings by either not playing a ranked round or even logging on...

And the fact that the current top 10 lists are in no way indicative of the current state of the player base...

I SUGGEST to WGT that they reset the stats.  Effective immediately. 

Let those who can play under these conditions, and play well, occupy the top spots in their respective categories.  Let those who like the game and the way it's playing out see what their skills are under these conditions.

And let us get a true representation of who can, and who can not, play the game as it currently stands.

Tibbets is the best at this game.  That is a fact.  His name is not on the Masters List.  This is an outrage.

The game is changing.  Change is good for growth and we can all benefit from change.  But, the way the Stats/Score/Ranking currently sits is not indicative of the real world as of May 30th, 2009.

So, again.. Please.. Push the reset button and let the chips fall where they may.  We would like a TRUE picture of the game and those who continue to play... not those who are hiding behind last month's/year's rankings.

~~PLEASE PRESS THE RESET BUTTON!!~~

Thank you for reading and as always... Cheers!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 3:34 PM

/bump .. to keep threads together.

Cheers

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 8:27 AM

I'm still undecided...I figure any of us who got below that 66ish mark to get in master will get back to it as some of us have only been on here a couple months but I think the rankings were off.  All those that got below 60 should've been the masters. But they also had other tiers that we thought were coming that said legend etc...what happened to them?  I guess I just need more info on what a reset would accomplish.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 8:59 AM

Lysti i agree with you. I am not completley grasping the concept here. What would reseting the stats be useful for. If you wish to protect your average then play a few rounds at Kiawah. Bethpage is allowing a few new faces to pop up on the top 10's. After this is all said and done i'm sure things will go back to how they were before. I hear the best way to keep your spot on the charts is to "play, practice, and execute".

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 9:44 AM

The point is, those who are currently playing the game frequently are being penalized for doing so.  Take a look at the top 10 Masters list, and look at the last game played for any of them.  Only one of them has played even 1 round since the changes were intstituted, and 2 of the players on the list are disabled accounts.  I agree that there needs to be some changes made in how the averages are figured out, but still....the top tier in the game has a top 10 list that is completely useless.  Why bother even having a top 10 list if it's going to be that useless?

Every time major changes are made, the list and averages need to be reset, so that we can effectively see how the changes in the game are affecting the overall scores of everyone.  If people are taking a month to post any scores just because they don't want to affect their ranking, then the system isn't working.  If you want to see who is playing well in a timely fashion, then the averages should be reset periodically to keep the list current and based on the changes that are in place at the time.  Right now, you're looking at a top10 list based on play before Bethpage was even introduced, before multiplayer wasn't on Kiawah anymore.  Those scores don't mean anything anymore, as it's a whole new ballgame out there on the course.

The other issue is resetting the stats.  I've been playing here sicne the beginning, accumulating about 750 rounds.  The stats are accrued cumulatively, so what that means is it will take an increasingly long time before any of the actual #'s on my stats change.   I could miss every fairway for 50 straight rounds, yet my percentage would only go down about 3-5%.  The putting, the scrambling, sand saves, driving and fairway stats....all of those are reflective of all the play I've ever done, and doesn't really allow me to see how I'm playing right now, under this system with the  different changes made.  Once again, what's the point of having stats at all if they aren't going to be current and meaningful.  We wouldn't  look back to last years PGA rankings to see who is putting the best, or driving the ball well this year on tour.  So, why wouldn't we have periodic resets of the stats here at WGT as well?

• casique1
    370 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 9:57 AM

@tibbets

basicaly i m agree,  it s still beta, ok, another reason for the restet. 

but on the other side i have play a lot for my average, so i hope that there are no resets every 2 weeks, cause that also makes no sence.

can WGT say now when the beta phase is over and if there will be resets after that ?

and what about the awards ? if u have 2 hole in one, they gone also ? hmmmm..... not realsistic i menan, cause u have a career here a WGT.... and start again and again and again ? i don t know.....

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 9:59 AM

Hmm maybe they should just pop that legend tier up there now & you legends would automatically be on it seeing as you were at what 55 something?  Is there even 10 of you that were in the 50s?    I don't think people should be penalized for not playing as often, they could be really busy or having problems that are keeping them from playing.   Good points though thanks I'll think about it  =)

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 3:40 PM

I guess a little change of heart has taken place. I agree with you guys. Looking at the leader board, a majority of the guys at the top have not played in quite some time. The game has also changed drastically; therefore i concur with you guys that the stats should be reset.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 4:44 PM

Honestly... my ranking, and my ability here, are damn near laughable.  Yea, I could play Kiawah, but who couldn't?  Now I'm on BpB and I will be LUCKY to break 80 in the qualifier and 40 in the mp game.

Since the May 25th upgrade, there is not one public list that is accurate.  People are hiding behind ranks they earned playing darts at Kiawah.  There is even note on these forums (I'm too tired/lazy to go get it) from WGTAdmin stating that they kept the scores at Kiawah artificially low with soft greens, low breezes and forgiving shots.

The only reason, and I am not saying this to point fingers or place blame, but the only reason I can see that WGT would not want to reset the stats after a major upgrade is advertising.  As it sits now, they can claim over a million unique accounts and those who are not ranked 150 can be counted as regular players.  Shoud WGT push the reset button, my guess is that MOST (guessing 3/4) of the player base would never move off of 150.  If the potential advertisers found that the actual player base is 25%, they would not want to spend as much money.

So it's a trade off.. Advertising dollars vs player base, imho.  The player base is speaking out.

Reset the stats/rankings please.... and damn the awards, if you're that good, you can get more.

Cheers!

Ps... VOTE on the POLL.. .even if you disagree, then vote NO... But VOTE and make your voice heard.

RSS