Forums

Help › Forums

REFORMED QUITTER

Sat, Sep 11 2010 8:56 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RRSMYSER
    11 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:35 AM

I many times have read about the frustration felt by other players having to deal with Quitters...

So here is a different spin to the oft covered, ranted and propounded subject...

I was a quitter but no more, I'm happy to say (except when the Meter forces a bad round, but let's not get that started)...   And recommend it to all of you who are written about so frequently...  Why?

When I first started playing WGT, some time ago, now referred to as my "Mistress" by my wife.  I had to be a "Master"; so to become so, I played my heart out to post 5 or so -4's or -5's "in a row" to get the the 65 ave or whatever it took.  Truth was, it probably took me 100 rounds of  quitting, on many of you no doubt to get there.  

I became a "Master" as it was then known.  But really, I was no "Master", since I sucked so bad I only posted every 10th or so round...  I even got my average down to a 63.05 once, oh the Joy!  (The only good thing that came out of it was that in over a year I only posted 235 or so rounds out of thousands, so I didn't become a Legend, but let's not go there either)

Recently, I came clean about a month or two back, and started posting everything!  Now I'm up over 320 rounds and will actually have to earn Legend status, though I will never be as good as Bol. Bru., Avatar Lee, the Queen Iconian, or anyone of about 1,000 or more of you...

As for my average, as of this posting it's a 67.77...   During this reformation, my average has fluctuated from the low 63's and even got over a 70 at one point (this really tested me, I almost broke things..)  My low has been a -6 and my high a +5 or so for 9 holes.  

But my average is real now...   And I enjoy the game much more!  

I wonder what  your average would really be if you posted it all? Come clean Y'all...

One thing is for sure, there wouldn't be anymore Blogs about Quitters...

• magicmark
    14 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 6:27 AM
    I tottaly agree and I am playing the same way taking all scores they cant quit in real life in the middle of a game and fake their scores so come on people enjoy the game not the Idea of being able to deceive people on how good you really are
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 8:08 AM

Myser, I'm glad you've seen the error in your ways. I hope many more will reform from their quitting ways at WGT.  : )

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 8:35 AM

Here it is!  The immaculate solution!  Keep your scores real!

RRSMYSER:

I many times have read about the frustration felt by other players having to deal with Quitters...

Recently, I came clean about a month or two back, and started posting everything!  Now I'm up over 320 rounds and will actually have to earn Legend status, though I will never be as good as Bol. Bru., Avatar Lee, the Queen Iconian, or anyone of about 1,000 or more of you...

...   During this reformation, my average has fluctuated from the low 63's and even got over a 70 at one point (this really tested me, I almost broke things..)

I wonder what  your average would really be if you posted it all? Come clean Y'all...

It can be miserable.   It can be punishment.   It can be tough to "keep it together". 

It can be rewarding.

Cheers to a great post.

• judd7296
    3 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 8:43 AM

thats what im screamin , people beg for me to not putt out i dont get it

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 8:54 AM

Here's a different angle on your OP........I hardly ever have quit on rounds since I started, the only exceptions being meter-related (I even sometimes play through these awful connections, just to see what an effect a whole round of bad meter has, and I would say an average of about 8-10 shots, mainly putting and driver related)

My average has therefore been around 68-70 for the last 4 months since I reached Master,so I guess you could call me a" true" Master and I know by now what each course has to offer. I have played 1,300+ rounds and know (almost for a fact) that I am not, and probably never will be, a Legend. Does that make me a  sandbagger, a no-hoper....no and no - it makes the -4 rounds that much more enjoyable, and the +4 rounds are usually met with a shrug of the shoulders, then back out on the course :)

• RRSMYSER
    11 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:33 AM

It can be miserable.   It can be punishment.   It can be tough to "keep it together". 

It can be rewarding.

Cheers to a great post.

Thank you all.  

• BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:58 AM

RRSMYSER:

awsome post

I've been playing for about 3 months, my average is 68 or so, and i never quit unless I'm left alone in a group play (quit to join a new group). I try to mix up my courses to make my average as real as possible. I feel better about an even round at Oakmount than a -5 at St Andrews. I see low 60's quit after 3 holes with a +5 all the time

My suggestion would be to force the finish of all "ranked" rounds. If you dissconnect, you finish the round when you reconnect. Quit all the practice rounds you want. Then you would deffinetly see the cream rise to the top.

just a thought

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:45 AM

The Hokey Pokey...that's what it's all about

• VQBlade
    4 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:48 AM

I agree! To me it's not the rank anyways, it's just the proper thing to do, finish what you started!

• PAGES
RSS